“TERRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   633 White Horse Pike, Absecon, NJ 08201   |
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
“TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The guy called about our reservations then when we first arrived the room was no where near ready and it was a little after 4pm the Jacuzzi room is right next door to the front desk so there all in your business the door was filthy the walls were very dirty the bathroom looked like a disgusting public bathroom some of walls were chipped we got 2 nights paid in advance and the owner would not let us get a refund for day 2 room was nasty he couldn't even explain to us how to use the Jacuzzi tub. Paid for 2 nights but did not stay went to royal lodge DON'T STAY HERE SERIOUSLY.

• Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Union City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

There's a reason why it is cheaper than nearby motels- the place is horrible! Rooms have a musty SMELL, rooms are dirty, towels feel like sandpaper, bedspreads have stains, etc; too bad, cause it is a good location but they could take better care of the rooms, like a paint job.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and stay in the well known chain hotels
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bronx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Arrived on Friday evening. Mr husband & I entered our room & immediately was overcome with smokey smell. Yuk. We had to leave the door open & spray the room with air freshner spray & lysol we brought with us. The 3 pillows on the bed was extremely flat. The carpet was stickey & dirty. Had to keep our shoes on. The shades on the lamp dirty with spots on them. The towels dingy. Felt uncomfortable lying in the bed. We took a shower, had a hard time turning on shower. Called the front desk the manager's wife, I could hardly hear her because the volume was so low& could not be adjusted. She finally came over & pulled hard on the knob of the shower to turn it on. The next morning we woke up to go out for the day left the soiled towels outside the door, went to their continental breakfast @7 am. The front door was locked which stated that it will be open@6 am. My husband had to ring bell 4 times before manager's wife came out. She just woke up it looked like. The breakfast was very small one bite muffins& coffee. Disappointed. When we came back to the motel to take shower to go out for dinner, we noticed that there were no replaced clean towels. I called front desk to ask for clean towel, was told housekeeping left for the day. So that means what? The manager said he will see what he can do. We never received clean towels. Good thing my husband and I kept our washcloths& one hand towel. I asked for an iron, I had to go get it. (SMH). The microwave was rusty inside, I was afraid to put my food inside to reheat. My husband& I left out Sunday morning @ 8 am. Could not wait until 11 am check out. And this is supposed to be a 3 star motel. I don't think so.

• Stayed June 2014
Absecon, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This place is dirty, the owners/managers are extreamly rude and like to peek into your room. If someone knocks on your door the owner lady will stand behind off to the side and peek into your room. There was no breakfast, no maid service, sheets are dirty, internet is extreamly slow. Its overall just a bad place. do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel and was given our rm key but were not told that our request for a non smoking rm was not possible. Entered into our rm which smelled like a wet ashtray. Immediately canceled the reservation (charged $96) and went to Super 8. Not much better but it smelled better. Will NEVER stay nor will EVER recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

When we got to the hotel we knew we were in for it. When I walked into the office it smelled of mildew. We got our room key and went up to the room. At first the key didn't work. We got a new key. We walked into the room and it smelled horrible of smoke and mildew mixed. I looked around the room. The wall had stains and peeling paint. The carpet had burns and the fridge was broken. I went and complained that I reserved a nonsmoking room and then they switched it. We went into a new, nonsmoking, room. This room smelled much better as if they just finished cleaning it. My husband and I went to the hoard walk for the rest of the evening. When we came back we found a used coffee cup (half full) in our room. So someone was obviously in there. I would never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very rude Indian manager/owner.No toilet papers in room.when called for the room service manager says come to office room and collect the toilet papers .He is talking very rudely on the phone.They collected 120$ for the room beds are dirty and if u sit they will go down.Please stay away from this hotel.Indian guy who says he is owner and manager he is very rude he says that is the quality u get for what u paid.He is using vulgar language he says he is only one person who works in the hotel no one else to help.Stay away from this Indian hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Superlodge? Share your experiences!