“Absolutely disgusting” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Sicklerville, New Jersey
“Absolutely disgusting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The bathroom is what killed me the most, the stained toilet and bent up shower rod. It was a last minute trip and this shack was not my first choice. The comforter smelled so bad I could not keep it on me. The jacuzzi in our room spewed out BROWN/YELLOW water and the owner, he said his name was Sonny, refused to apologize or compensate us and insisted it was our problem. The other lady who worked there, Rita I think her name was, insisted that we put something in the bathtub! I took pictures because it was unbelievable. I've never experienced service like this in my life and will never come back again.

• Stayed March 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

After seeing a wonderful show in Atlantic City with my wife and our family, we went to our hotel which we booked through Hotels.com. It was about 1am Saturday night/Sunday morning. The hotel looked fairly nice from the outside. We had to wake the desk clerk to check in. The lobby was dreary, and it took no less than 5-7 attempts to activate that many different room keys until he found one that worked. He then inserted it into a crumbly sleeve and handed it to me. I had an uneasy feeling at this point, but given the hour, we went to room 104. In retrospect, I wish I had taken a picture of the key card inside of the dilapidated sleeve.

When we entered the room, it reeked badly of cigarette smoke, almost as if someone had just had a smoke prior to our arrival. The room was dingy, the walls, carpeting, mirrors, and mattresses all had stains. The linens were yellowed, which totally grossed out my wife, who refused to stay there.

After contacting Hotels.com and finding no other vacancies in the area, we opted to drive 1.5 hours home in the middle of the night rather than stay in this facility. I strongly suggest others to consider other alternatives to this hotel before booking, unless they are looking for a cheap flop for the night. You do get what you pay for; my mistake.
GDM

Room Tip: Consider other hotels.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wyomissing, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I really thought that it would be awful but it was not bad. clean, spacious, pretty quiet. Microwave & fridge in room, Ac works great. It's old and needs some work plus an update but for the price it was worth the stay. pool was also clean. Don't count on the continental breakfast cause that's a joke,lol the mattress could be better too. wifi slow. all in all I would stay there again, very reasonable rates. Not the ritz but good, new owners just took over so they said there going to be upgrading soon.

Room Tip: upstairs king rooms are far larger but downstairs is also nice with a queen bed. my husband and I w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

anyone who is crying about this place is simply a spoiled brat. as i write this review, im in my room at the hotel, feeling nice and cool (it was in the upper 80's/lower 90's today), cuz the ac is amazing. the room is bigger,cleaner, nicer than i thought. pool is very nice. continental bfest is terrible, but i wasnt expecting greatness. bottom line is this; this place is great for the price you're paying, period. i've stayed in worse places on the ac boardwalk. people have cryed about marks on walls, bad water pressure, etc... if you're a prissy bi*ch, stay away, i guess. if you're a normal human being, hopefully i'll see you here someday, as i will not hesitate to come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013
Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had no problem when I stayed there. I think some people are over thinking bad feedback. I was satisfied when I stayed there. I also believe other hotels will make bad comments just to get a sale. I liked Empire when I stayed there. It was good enough for a cheap rate. Cable, Internet, Fridge, Microwave, Pool, Clean covers, etc. WOW only the shower curtain rob was a little bent. I don't complain about stupid things like that. If there were bugs and bad smells and bad service, Yeah I would complain, But there wasn't. To the complainers, GROW UP! If you wanna live in a fancy place, Go to the casino rooms. They have dirt too. You get what you pay for. Sometimes you get more than you pay for. At the Empire, At I more than I payed for in a good manner.

Room Tip: Look at the room first before complaining. My first time was satisfying.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Needed a place to sleep for a night, the reviews that I read sounded ok and the pictures look fine. Found a good rate on Expedia and booked it last minute in the afternoon. Cell phone started ringing constantly from expedia and this hotel (but it is too expensive to answer my cell in another country). Arrived at the hotel and was told they did not have the room that I booked. The man at the front desk was pleasant and said he kept calling me on my phone. Anyways he showed me 3 rooms all stunk like smoke (we are not smokers and booked a non smoking room).
It was getting late and it was only for one night so my wife picked the least stinky room. After settling into the room we began to notice how disgusting it really was, strange stains on the walls, carpets were stained and dirty, lamps were missing light bulbs, hair and mold in bathroom, toilet missing pieces, holes/scrapes in walls. I would never ever go to this hotel ever again.....beware.

Room Tip: *avoid this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Freeport, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Well we stayed here for a night because Showboat would only give us one night. :(
No problem, its close to the casinos, and cheap. We paid $26 plus tax. Do you know what you get for $26?
This place!
Check in was ridiculous. The clerk tried to charge us, and we had already prepaid at hotels.com. Then upon closer look at the bill, it was someone elses!
Ok, the room. We were on the second floor right next to the maids closet, which was noisy in the early morning hours. The water pressure was literaly a tricle. So if you dont mind showering in slow motion, this place is for you. The bed was fairly comfortable, but the pillows were flat as pancakes, and the beadspread was just plain GROSS.
TV remote only worked the channels, so to adust volume or shut off TV you had to get out of the bed. Towels were very scratchy, but room was suprisingly clean. Had a lil fridge and microwave.
Continental breakfast is code for bad coffee with powered milk and a stale donut. (no joke) Crossing this place off my backup list for sure. Like I said.....$26.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Empire Inn? Share your experiences!