“BLOOD ON WALLS AT TEN ACRES!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ten Acres Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Absecon
Ten Acres Motel
Save Saved
You added Ten Acres Motel to your Saves list
637 South New York Road, Absecon, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #19 of 24 hotels in Absecon
Wilmington, Delaware
“BLOOD ON WALLS AT TEN ACRES!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Don't ever stay here!! My boyfriend and I found blood on the bathroom floor and on the walls! Called the cops and they told them there was an "accident!" Whatever that means! I had to sleep in my car that night and they refuse to give my money back!!! Stay FAR FAR away! I have pictures to prove it!! I unfortunately missed the dry blood on the wall heading towards the bathroom. I was just trying to get out of there!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

8 people have reviewed this hotel

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I just called to get pricing on an extended stay . I was treated very rude by the person who answered. Ive stayed at Ten Acres before but never again. Stick your rooms buddy!! Have a nice day, Ill go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Galloway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

This is also a long-term motel, in addition to being a nightly-stay motel. I have made my residence here since July 2009. I'm a normal human being; I shower daily. On no day since the day I moved in has there been no hot water available. Not one, including the day the previous reviewer claimed there was no hot water. I'd know. I don't skip showers.

Perhaps the water heater had been temporarily overloaded. I concede the possibility; one single (large) water heater is responsible for 11 rooms. It might have happened. It's never happened to me in 14 months. Remember, this is likely the oldest continuously-operating motel in the Atlantic City area; they originally charged 50 Cents per night. Holiday Inn Express, it ain't.

For me, that's the point. This is as close to a historic lodging as you'll find around here, save the Pitney House, and it's inexpensive, close to the city and as quiet as it gets.

I'm not particularly devoted to the owners, although if it were that bad I'd obviously be living elsewhere now. I'm not broke. I love the location, I like the atmosphere, and I like being a small part of what this area was like long before anyone ever thought of casinos. If you understand what that all means, you'll like it here too.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
south jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Stay Clear!!! Sleep in the car if you must. The room was awful, and when I found it had no hot water, I went to the office. After the run-around, I decided to leave, I was told by "the son" my charge would be reversed, he did not know how to do it. IT WAS NOT! When I called and got someone, I was accused of going in, taking a shower and looking for a free room. Liars and thieves running a filthy over-priced scam.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

I was greeted by the owner, Jerry. The location was 10 minutes away from Atantic City. The room was clean in a country like setting. I would definately come again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

We stayed at the Ten Acres Motel in July and had a wonderful experience. Rooms were clean, motel isclose to everything , friendly atmosphere. This place has a very country setting, which is why we loved it. The people there were very friendly and helpful. The coffee shop next store is def a bonus. The food was just like mom cooked it.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Port, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

My mother-in-law passed away and we were going from Florida to PA for the funeral- our daugther lives in Galloway, NJ and so does our son's mother-in-law. We decided to stay close to both of them just in case we needed them. Our daughter suggested American owned 10 Acres Motel. I called and was quoted $60.00 for Thursday and Sunday, and $85.00 for Friday and Saturday night stays (which is typical pricing for the Jersey shore area in the summer time). But, with chain hotels you get maid service and front desk help if necessary. I asked for a non-smoking room with an extra bed just in case one of our grandchildren wanted to come and spend the night.
Our first surprise was to find a marquee with a sign that said rooms $45 and up! We arrived to find our room with a broken door lock, (we immediately told the assistant manager about the lock - we were told -oh they have to look at it and make a decision about what to do with it- and it's the weekend so-oh well), reeking of stale cigarette smoke; no hangers in the closet; dingy, dirty carpet; dark paneled walls and major electrical code violations (cable stretching around the door way, nailed to the molding; no outlets in the bathroom for hair dryers or electric razors, etc. Had to stretch my hair dryer across the dresser to reach the outlet next to the door. The air conditioning vents were positioned right over the bed with no thermostat adjustment. Everything was central air with one adjusment from someone else's room. There was a wall a/c unit which was taped over and a microwave right underneath it, tilted on a chair which was used as a table. We came back from the funeral to find ticks in the bathroom- don't ask me where they came from.
We were stressed out enough and my husband was going through a rough time with his mother's passing and I didn't want to make waves.
I went to the assistant manager (Glenn, who I just found out works for Marriott) and mentioned to him about what we found and what my complaint was - his response was "I'll pass that along". Not would you like another room, not we will give you a discount, etc. Nothing. If this guy works for Marriott in customer service he better brush up on his skills or Marriott better take a better look at who they hire.
There was no maid service, make your own bed, we had to ask for clean towels. When Glenn came to our room to give us the towels, I asked him if he could smell the smoke and he said something like -oh, yeah- I will let them know.
Today, I called the owner Jerry (whom we did not see or hear from the whole time we were there) to let him know that I was writing this review and why. When I told him my concerns like- can you prime and paint the walls maybe an off-white color and add some pretty shore pictures and maybe a light blue comforter and pull up the nasty carpet and put down linoleum so all you have to do is mop the floor? He said something to the effect that he will definitely take that under advisement. We will see
The only bright spot was a small breakfast/lunch restaurant next to the motel with decent breakfast/lunch menu and appropriate pricing for the fare they offered. Coffee was fresh and hot, eggs and bacon done to your liking.

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Ten Acres Motel? Share your experiences!