“Ride of my life” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Attractions in Kasane
More attraction details
Owner description: Pangolin Photo safaris is a unique experience on The Chobe River. We supply our clients with state of the art digital cameras and telephoto lenses and teach them how to use them. If you are spending any time in The Chobe (Kasane) then join us for an afternoon or morning cruise and get some amazing wildlife photographs to treasure forever. We also run regular photographic workshops with world famous wildlife photographers throughout the year.
Polokwane, Limpopo, South Africa
“Ride of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Spent three hours with family on board the boat for a sunrise cruise - was the highlight of our Botswana trip!!

Visited October 2012

Oakville, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Being on the river at 7 am with no one else aside from the birds and animals was amazing! I learned a ton from Kirsten, and really appreciated our boat captain who was always on the lookout for different animals and photo opportunities. I can't believe how amazing the light was in the morning, and how much difference it makes to my photos. I booked with Pangolin the day before for the next morning on a whim. They were very professional and friendly. The photo tips and equipment was amazing! I got some reall y amazing pictures with their help and pointers. I would definitely recommend anyone who wants to get some animal photography tips, or even just a great morning safari to go with them!!

Visited August 2012
Maputo, Mozambique
“Photo Finish...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great photos and great company! Thanks Guts! A great way of knowing the wild life and beautiful landscapes of Chobe River!

Visited August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
18 attraction reviews
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We arrived at Pangolin Photo Safaris to see what they might be able to offer that day after a not-so-wonderful morning Safari with another company. We received an incredibly warm reception and they were able to make special arrangements to get us back into the park for an afternoon drive at extremely short notice (pick up an hour later!), followed by seats on the boat ride for that evening. Thanks only to Pangolin, we had an incredible afternoon and we are indebted to Guts, Kersten and Killer for their wonderful service and tour - they made Chobe into being a magical place for us! Even if you have your own photo equipment, the set up and opportunities for photography is far superior to any other tour experienced in the area. We highly (highly, highly!!) recommend these guys!

Visited July 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Way beyond expectations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Fabulous. Absolutely fabulous! I was in Botswana to "test out" this company. I was expecting a real professional outfit, who would educate me regarding taking better wildlife pics. Little did I expect to meet two new friends in "Guts" and Kersten. Both shared their photographic knowledge with me in an unpretentious and uncomplicated style. And because it's often done in truly practical fashion (ie with an animal right in front of me) it's easier to take in and learn from.

Their unimog - a beast of a high rise vehicle - is brilliantly kitted out for taking pictures, with masses of leg room, great vantage points and plenty of terrific kit. I've got a Nikon D90 which is stuck with but they offer use of the fabbie Nikon D7000, along with very impressive Sigma 70-500mm lenses! My Christmas present list already has one item on it!!

Pangolin's river boat is even better. I was anticipating plenty of wildlife close ups, but had expected that the river would make it difficult to keep steady. Instead, the boat is magnificent constructed specifically for photographers, weighted in all the right places to make it sooooo steady!

In your personal and comfy chair you feel like a gunner in a Star Wars fighter!!!! You camera is attached to a metal arm across your front and is attached to your seat, which swivels 360 degrees meaning you never miss any photo opportunity.

We learnt about composition, animal behaviour (predicting actions), lighting, aperture mode...oh, the list goes on.....and yes, I started taking better pictures as a result!

Thanks to the guys. I will be sure to tell everyone here in Blighty just how good your services are. Put me down for one of your 4 day courses.

Visited May 2012