“One of the best two hour cruises near reasonably populated area” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Attractions in Kasane
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
London
10 attraction reviews
“One of the best two hour cruises near reasonably populated area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Look, in two hours, one will see hippos (a pool of 100 hippos is on the route), crocs, probably elephants and all sorts of interesting birds. The hippos may well be walking on land. While there are always a number of other boats on the river near town, the experience is a good one as the boats are all small boats and do not get in the way of each other. I guess one issue is that the National Park has excellent viewing (impalas, antelopes, etc.) whereas for much of the trip one has Namibia with its cows and houses in the distance on the other side of the river. Do it!

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Land of affluent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Visited Chobe in April and found this is a honeymoon destination of Elizabeth Taylor for her 2nd marriage. I joined a overland group and visited Chobe at the last a few days which made the best part of my Africa trip.

Birds tipping and walking over the duckweed, eagles hovering over the top blue sky for prey, stoned crocodiles are deadly quite and waiting the moment to come. And us, the travellers are like caged invader to this animal kingdom. Hippo families are bathing all day long and big monitors just passed the bank behind them.

The whole cruise took about 3 hours, it 's relaxing and peaceful.
Couldn't think of any necessary tips for this cruise, as long as you don't jump off the boat, you are SAFE.

Visited April 2012
Stuttgart
11 attraction reviews
“A Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you come to the Chobe River a boat cruise is a must! We saw so elephants on the islands and crossing the river, a hippo even tried to chase us, crocodiles floating by, eagles, storchs, egrets, herons...Impalas, a monitor stealing eggs, waterbuks I could go on but I think you get the picture..

Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
50 attraction reviews
“Hippos in action”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I did the Chobe River Boat Cruise as part of the itinerary on my 20-day overland camping tour from Cape Town to Vic Falls. I really enjoyed it. It was one of the highlights of my trip. By the time we got to Chobe, I had seen lions, elephants, zebras, giraffes, rhinos and plenty of other wildlife at Etosha. I still hadn’t seen hippos and crocodiles, which I wanted to see. Luckily there were plenty of hippos in action at Chobe. Also saw crocodiles and water buffalo for the first time and elephants crossing the river. I was in one of the big boats and we got pretty close to the animals for some great photos. The sunset was beautiful.

Visited August 2012
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Idyllic river Boat Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

As part of an amazing ACACIA Overland trip from Livingstone to Johannesburg , an add on river boat cruise was offered. I am so glad I signed up for this, it was amazing. Gliding about on noiseless boats viewing elephant herds, crocodiles waiting to go in the water, hippo both in the water and unusually standing out on land. A magical magical place, a must to experience and see. I was a lone traveller but in a group of 9. We didn't know each other before the trip but are all friends as a result of it.

Visited August 2012