“Bad experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel LP Santa Cruz

You added Hotel LP Santa Cruz to your Saves list
Hotel LP Santa Cruz
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Ejercito Nacional No 290 frente Stadium Tahuichi, Santa Cruz 5432, Bolivia   |
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Sao Paulo, SP
“Bad experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed just for 1 night. Very tired from the airplane trip we decided to take a nap between 6pm to 7pm, but a regional band was rehersaling in the room next to ours... We called the front desk but they weren't very willing to help us resolve the situation...

Room Tip: The rooms that are close to the main avenue are very noisy...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Santa Cruz, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Guest
I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Our standard procedure in this event would be to offer an upgraded room to you on a different floor....they didnt do it...
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Bolivia was most enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here - the rooms are lovely, the amenities are excellent and the staff are friendly. Be sure to have your paperwork in order and with you to avoid paying more than you should.

The breakfast was very nice. Location wise it is a little far from the plaza but still a pretty decent location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Santa Cruz, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you.
These reviews help us to see that our work is rewarded.
Bogota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Honestly, this is the best hotel you can find in Santa Cruz for that price.
this is my qualification and opinion
Room : 10........Nothing to discuss, AC, minibar, desktop, LCD and a comfortable bathroom and bed.
Attention. 10 ... People are always ready to help and make you feel the best.
Location. 9 ...... Walking like 10 minutes from turistic area. Also there is mall close to Hotel (3 blocks)
Restaurant. 9..... You have breakfast including in the rate. The only problem is restaurant is not working at nights.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

the place is clean . considering bolivian standards.
American style, everything tends to be automatic or so ... (doesnt matter !)

more for business traveler, .... cheap/ short stays . good breakfast
good beds, white clean sheets everyday ... etc

front desk ? they didn t find my booking, ...
they told me that it is not paid ...and maybe i have to pay again?, ... wow !

tv is a small ¨LCD computer monitor attached to the wall¨ .
international phone calls veeeeery expensive

Maybe there are other options with similar price, if you book with anticipation, and a happy holiday .

no trendy area around , pubs, bars, entertainment, etc. Nothing

no swimming pool
no restaurant on weekends
no sauna, ...
looking for fun in the stay? ::: it is not the place, - the room, or the street

best point? price and 3 blocks away from cine center srz ::::: good food and cinema

Room Tip: to add fun to your stay with a cheap price , select the suite with jacuzzi
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I made a reservation with Expedia for two nights at this hotel at a rate of US$69.33 plus $11.09 taxes total US$80.42/night supposed to be the lowest available non-refundable rate. When I checked in at 10pm on Friday Jan 7th/2012 the hotel had not received my reservation from Expedia and they took me in as a walk-in and offered a rate of BO$359 about US$52 per night tax included that was US$28.50/night less than Expedia quoted, worth mentioning that while I was checking in the front desk clerk quoted someone else who called on the phone an even lower rate of BO$339/night tax included. The next day I spoke to the manager a white lady with glasses and explained to her I rather stayed as a walk-in and I called Expedia to cancel and she said to me that if Expedia called she would agree to the cancellation. Sunday at 6am when I checked out the manager was nowhere to be found and she had changed my booking in their system back to Expedia thus I was no longer a walk-in and they kept the reservation made by Expedia at the higher rate. That is horrible business practice and I demanded a refund from Expedia for the difference they overcharged me plus the taxes that don't apply either as they are included in the hotels rate and after seven phone calls to Expedia and needless anger I finally got a supervisor to agree to refund the difference to me. With regards to the property it is a nice place for business travelers that just need a nice bed to sleep and a quick breakfast. There is hardly an employee around at this place, one guard at the door and one clerk at the front desk that takes forever to answer the phone. There was a drunk guest pounding the door of the room in front of mine at 3am and nobody answered at the front desk when I called to complain. Last my reservation was for a queen size bed and the room came with two twin size beds side by side and they had nothing else to offer.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
PomLPZ, Gerente at Hotel LP Santa Cruz, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.Our rates depend on the occupation of day, availability, place from which you make a booking.The rate they offer you is rate that you only have if you make the booking directly with us and at the same day, its like a last minute rate.Our Front Desk manager couldnt eliminate the reservation,because Expedia must do it. We talked to the Front Desk staff in order to have a better control of noises from other rooms.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope thatthe remainder of your trip to Bolivia was most enjoyable.
Regards
Luis
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I got in quite late on my flight - it's about a 20 min drive in taxi from the airport. The staff were very friendly (I didn't get the names), however I was told that they didn't have my hotel reservation. (I had booked on hotwire 24 hours before.) They sorted it out after a few minutes delay and helped me up to a room with my luggage. I asked if there was anywhere to get food, as I hadn't eaten dinner - and they recommended a pizza place with which they cooperate. (Was supposed to be a 1 hour wait, I didn't get the pizza until almost two hours. This isn't the hotel's fault, but keep it in mind if you're needing to sleep and hungry.) Breakfast is available at 7am, but I missed it because I had to leave at 6:30. There was nowhere else to get food.

I would say the hotel looks exactly as shown in the hotel pictures except it looks worn down. Needs a fresh coat of paint, for sure. The shampoo container was broken in my room and quick fix glue was sloppy, so some quick fixes like this made certain spots look a little extra worn. At the entrance the doors were stuck open and so there were tons of little bugs landing on me and dead on the floor around the entrance. Also, the website lists that there is a shuttle between the hotel and airport -- but it's taxi and you do have to pay.

The lights turn on and off depending on movement, to save electricity. The hotel seems very environmentally friendly.

I know it sounds like quite a few negatives, but they're just little things. My sleep was comfortable and the beds were clean, the shower was hot, and the staff were great. I'd just say they need some touch up on the hotel to freshen things up and to maybe sync in a little better with the online booking services, if they are going to use them.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

Started badly having arrived and reception had no record of my booking, I was told that the suite I had booked was not available. I was shown a twin room which just wasn't what I wanted. The reception staff were apologetic and promised to look into what had gone wrong. After a short period they came back and said that they had found the reservation in booking.com the website through which I had booked and that they had managed to juggle things around and now a suite was available. They were very apologetic and helpful, especially Gustavo and Juan Manual who couldn't do enough for us. The suite is really great value for money at about £55 a night and definately worth the additional cost over a standard room. Breakfast was fine with a different daily local hot dish each day. The hotel is looking a little tired in places but nothing a lick of paint wouldn't sort out. Overall I would recommend this place as I think it's great value for money and the staff are all so lovely and friendly.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regardingour hotel.
I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and its Front desk team for not findirng your reservation, at your check in, it was a problem with our fax.
We gave congratulatios on your part to Juan Manuel and Gustavo, they received a Pin for the service.Thank you for the breakfast comments...we work daily to give our Guests fresh local products.
Luis

Been to Hotel LP Santa Cruz? Share your experiences!