“Cheapie !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Emperador

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Copacabana
Hostal Emperador
You added Hostal Emperador to your Saves list
Calle Murillo # 235, Copacabana, Bolivia   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Copacabana
Leuven, Belgium
“Cheapie !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nice and clean hostal for only 20 BOB/night (2€). Really good in its price-range thus. It's a bit out of the center, but still only a 5-10 min walk.
The owner is the quitest old lady ever seen ! Only for her, you'll stay longer here :)
(I left my pyama's in the hostal when I left, and when I came back a few days later to ask for it, they went out of their way to go looking for it)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Apple Valley, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for a night and it was fine. A bit more of a walk than most places, but definitely walkable. Walk felt pretty safe at night. People who worked there were just fine. Friendly enough. Not great service but adequate. Room was clean. Bathroom was tiny (shower essentially above the toilet). Didn't use the shower since it was electric and that freaks us out a bit. Bed was a bit saggy but not the worst we've experienced. We slept fine. The bed had a very ugly comforter-thing (we flipped it over so it was cuter... not sure if you care). Not very busy, so not worth it to get a private bathroom for a little more, even if you normally do.

Really cheap bodega across the street that didn't upcharge us for being tourists. Appreciated that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised to read so many negative reviews after staying a night in this place. It's as cheap as you can get in Copacabana and must surely be better than some of the ramshackle excuses for accomodation along the main strip.
The family here were all incredibly friendly. They didn't speak English but why should they?

We left our bags there overnight whilst we went to Isla Del Sol. The bags are left in a room which is always locked so they're perfectly safe. You only really need one night in Cooacabana and this place is pefectky adequate if you're a budget traveller.

• Stayed January 2013
Kilkenny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We got dropped off outside this hostel and before we really knew what was going on we were hustled inside. It is clean and basic so we just stayed. they advertise free wifi but they kept giving me the worg password and were then trying to blame my laptop, when I suggested I press the button on the router to connect she wasn't all happy but let me and hey presto it worked! She was trying to get me to use the PC there which was very over priced and kept freezing. There was no hot water and the room was freezing I just didn't feel safe here at all, stayed one night and changed to the Hotel Mirador the next day.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Copacabana hotels

Bristol
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

For 30 bolivianos and a single room I thought I couldn't go wrong... I definitely could. After getting up early for Isla del sol, I attempted to pay for the one night's stay. Big problems. The owner was adamant I'd stayed for 3. 15 minutes later we'd cleared things up & I was on my way to the sunny island. BALLBAG, I'd left my ipod on the pillow. No worries, I'll just pick it up the next day, I'm sure the cleaner wouldn't be interested in a rusty, pink nano filled with Snoop Doggy Dogg Dog. WRONG. Oh well, I can't really blame her. He is, after all, a voice of a generation. I collected my backpack, over the moon that it was still in the country, and began exiting the rust bucket. "Oh, and you still haven't paid us for your night's stay". SORRY? It's one thing being a victim of theft, but then being accused of it within the following 10 seconds is another one of those fish kettles. This is analogous to a woman sucker punching another woman's baby in the face and then proceeding to question why it was her baby that had been punched.

"Oh, and who's bag are you carrying?" This barrel faced woman just will not stop! So please, damas y caballeros, do not stay at Hostel Emperador.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Krakow, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

The hostel is basic like most of the places in Copacabana. However we went there in Jan (summer) it was quite cold in the room and shower was far from being hot... The price for the room with private bathroom was comparable with other hostels. The Senora (owner) was trying to be helpful but she didn't speak any English. We spent there 2 nights and it happened regularly that there was nobody at the reception. The kitchen was ok although it was very small. No internet in the hostel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Trondheim, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

The rooms are basic, the same as all the hostels in that area. But they charged us double the amount we were told when we checked in, saying that the price they had given was per person, so be aware of this. The room next to us got broken into by someone who apparently had a key and received no help from the owners. We handed in our laundry but no one was there when we came to get it, so had to "break in" and get it after 5 hours of waiting to not miss our bus. They just don't care.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Emperador? Share your experiences!