I had a wonderful experience and highly recommend the Maruba Spa. The room was rustic and interesting; the food, especially seafood and fresh fruits were outstanding, the owners were friendly and personable, and I knocked off a couple of adventures on my bucket list. We had a great time with the other visitors in the pools in the evening, drank lots of delicious rum punch, and I had a special black mud spa session that left me feeling great for weeks afterwards. Reading over some of the reviews, it sounded like very spoiled people posting. The owner goes right to where the fishermen come in to buy the seafood. The dishes are better than most resort restaurants with enough variety. This resort is billed as rustic, but it is planned rustic. The roads are bad but it is not their fault. We had a nice discussion about the politics and government concerning the roads on the trips to town. The staff and guides were friendly, interesting, but professional and they worked hard. They had WI-FI at the bar which was appreciated. The only complaint I have is the pillows were hard and uncomfortable. If you want a vacation that includes some fun and adventure, ziplining, petting sharks and rays, and visiting jungle wildlife and ruins, this is the place to go and I would highly recommend the spa experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare yourself for the ultimate experience in adventure & relaxation at Maruba Resort Jungle Spa, Belize. A short two-hour flight from Houston or Miami transports you to a place where you can fully immerse yourself in nature and truly relax. Maruba offers a great vacation escape in casual elegance.Voted the Best Boutique Spa by Spa Finder Readers’ Choice Award, and One of the Top 10 Spas in the Caribbean & Central Americas by Maco Destination Caribbean & Central America Magazine, the resort’s neo-primitive style with a touch of jungle urban flair makes it an eclectic and hip place to stay while indulging in everything a modern spa has to offer. Its restaurant boasts a nouveau jungle cuisine, best described as a fusion of “east of Paris meets the Caribbean”. Your room will be one-of-a-kind and features rich hues and textures, vaulted hardwood ceilings, mosaic tile floors, exotic fabric and beautiful carving made by local artisians. Signature bungalows offer 900 square feet of private space with an indoor lounge room, indulgent hot tubs, and incredible jungle views.Maruba is one of the first spas in Central America and offers a variety of exotic treatments which revitalize, detoxify, and reestablish the skin’s natural pH balance while leaving your skin feeling silky smooth. A must-try treatment is Maruba’s Mood Mud Massage – take your camera along for pictures! For those seeking adventure, several day tours available, such as exploring Maya Ruins, the rainforest and caves ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maruba Resort Jungle Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruba Resort Jungle Hotel Maskall
- Maruba Hotel Jungle
- Maruba Resort Jungle Spa Belize/Maskall