My wife and I went to Maruba for our anniversary and had an excellent time there! This is a creative, one-off, unique place that lends itself to a really special experience. The hotel is built in the jungle, down a bumpy road, and fairly secluded from all the tourist traffic (although there are plenty of day trips offered that will take you there if that is where you want to go during the day).
The grounds are just beautiful, with tropical plants and a selection of pools and places to lounge around and relax. The food is fantastic and a lot of thought goes into the menu to make it special and reflect some of the local cuisine, as well as the individual tastes of the owners (that represent the US, Austria, Belize and the Caribbean). There is a hookah bar with a television and drums, bicycles available for the guests to use for free, an onsite spa with very cool treatments (like skin scrubs with killer bee honey and "native" mud treatments), AND a comprehensive list of nice day trips to a variety of places.
The staff is nice, the owners are so down to earth and approachable I initially thought they just worked there, and they pretty much help you take care of everything in terms of scheduling day trips to Mayan ruins, the beach, cave tubing, zip-lining, pretty much anything on their list. The rooms are all uniquely decorated and the ones we stayed in were more like bungalows.
Just a wonderful place I would highly recommend...unless you are looking for more a standard beach resort kind of hotel...in which case, just go stay in one. Some of the negative reviews here are almost comical based on my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare yourself for the ultimate experience in adventure & relaxation at Maruba Resort Jungle Spa, Belize. A short two-hour flight from Houston or Miami transports you to a place where you can fully immerse yourself in nature and truly relax. Maruba offers a great vacation escape in casual elegance.Voted the Best Boutique Spa by Spa Finder Readers’ Choice Award, and One of the Top 10 Spas in the Caribbean & Central Americas by Maco Destination Caribbean & Central America Magazine, the resort’s neo-primitive style with a touch of jungle urban flair makes it an eclectic and hip place to stay while indulging in everything a modern spa has to offer. Its restaurant boasts a nouveau jungle cuisine, best described as a fusion of “east of Paris meets the Caribbean”. Your room will be one-of-a-kind and features rich hues and textures, vaulted hardwood ceilings, mosaic tile floors, exotic fabric and beautiful carving made by local artisians. Signature bungalows offer 900 square feet of private space with an indoor lounge room, indulgent hot tubs, and incredible jungle views.Maruba is one of the first spas in Central America and offers a variety of exotic treatments which revitalize, detoxify, and reestablish the skin’s natural pH balance while leaving your skin feeling silky smooth. A must-try treatment is Maruba’s Mood Mud Massage – take your camera along for pictures! For those seeking adventure, several day tours available, such as exploring Maya Ruins, the rainforest and caves ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Maruba Resort Jungle Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruba Resort Jungle Hotel Maskall
- Maruba Hotel Jungle
- Maruba Resort Jungle Spa Belize/Maskall