“Not Happy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland to your Saves list
R.R. 1, Box 396, Rte. 132n, Ashland, NH 03217   |
Raymond, New Hampshire
“Not Happy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed at the park for bike week 2009. Yes, we ride a Harley and we are normal. It was expensive and there was a camper on our site when we checked in well after check in time. It took two hours before we could back the camper in.

Then, we discovered they had a fire policy that was not posted on their web-site. all fires MUST be out by 12:30AM. We occasionally stay up late, especially if we sleep in during rain. This night, we came back from our ride around 9PM and cooked dinner. At 12:30 while I had a hamburger in my hand, two campground workers came into our site with a bucket of water! I refused to let them put out the fire and they showed up five minutes later with the after hours manager and a COP. After some harassment from the cop, they poured water on our fire and put it out.

Upon checking out, I had to wait another 45 minutes while they tracked some some idiot that parked their trailer blocking the road out. Why didn't they notice that before I did?

I won't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
medford,ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

I went Monday through Friday with 2 of my friends and we all brought our kids ranging from 2 years to 13 years old. We stayed in the deluxe cabin and it was ver clean and we had enough room for 10 of us. My son is still talking about how much fun he had at yogi park. He loved the hay ride every morning. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the pools were clean. The playground was huge. My daughter who is 13 loved bingo and ceramics. As adults it was so relaxing because we could relax while the kids ran around. I already reserved a cabin for next year! The only negative was the sandy beach wasnt really a beach!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Newburyport, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed at Jellystone this July and were very disappointed!! The facilites are run down and are in need of paint- The children activites were not planned well. We went to the balloon toss and they ran out of balloons and had to end the game. People were walking around drinking during the children activites. Someone was actually smoking at the kiddie pool!! People were loud at all hours of the night and the staff did not seem to try and regulate it. The bathrooms were clean but incredible small for the average woman. There is no beach like they advertise. It is a sandy hill near the river. For the price they charge for camping, they could afford to update and paint!!

• Liked — Go carts
  • Disliked — camping area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Ashland hotels

South Shore, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

I've stayed at Yogi Bear's Campground several times. The last time I stayed was just last month. We arrived on a Saturday and luckily there were not many people checking in! The check in process was quick and easy. The campground itself needs some work. The bathrooms were alright and you have to pay for it!! If you are not a kid/child person..stay far away from this place.

We asked for a site away from all the chaos. Which they did give us..and it actually was a very nice roomy site! BUT....it was on a hill near a baseball field...and every single kid in the park continuously cut through our site.. I'm talking about 15 kids at one time while we are in the middle of dinner they are walking two inches from my picnic table! They need to put up a fence on that hill to keep these kids out! Also, these kids would come around looking in our trailer!

They also only have one pool..which is just not enough for all the people that stay at this campground. You better get there very early if you want to get a spot! They do have a small snack bar. We went to it at 5:00 and it was closed...I don't get it, considering it's high traffic time for dinner!! Doesn't make much sense.

All the bathrooms really need some updating, too..The good thing about Yogi's is it's very close to Weir's beach, the drive-in and Funspot. I don't think I'll be staying here anytime soon!

• Liked — Very large sites.
  • Disliked — The bathrooms and the unruly kids!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
waukesha, wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

ive been going here since i was like 3. we started out as weekenders, and progressed to a park model. everyone is friendly, and were all like family. its a good time, guaranteed.

• Liked — its a very friendly place
  • Disliked — the alcoholic level.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

I agree 100% with the other review.THIS IS NOT CAMPING! I stayed here when I was about 15 and had such great memories of the place.I couldn't wait to bring my family I'm 29 now.What a let down! This is not very family friendly.The majority of people were walking around with beer in their hands starting at about 10:30 in the morning! It was so crowded no shade no privacy.What we paid for three nights you can stay just about anywhere else for a week! You had to pay extra for mini golf(what a run down course) extra for peddle carts and for their canoes.The beach is such a steep slope you can't use it.The profanity was terrible grown men swearing like they were at a bar...nasty.I will never go back here and I will not recomend this to anyone.

• Liked — Got to get away
  • Disliked — loud,crowded,profanity,no trees/shade.no privacy.$$$$$$
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2005

As a child in I would vist Jellystone park in the early 80's. I had my first kiss at the pool, I was only 6. :) I had so many good times they. So I'm married (I'am 24 years old) with children and wanted to show my family the joy of Jellystone. Saved and bought a pop up (like we had as a child) and went June of 04. It was like a wonderful flash back, all the nights just swimning in the lake, bon fires with smores and watching yogi cartoons ever night! We did all the things I use 2 do as a child. My family loved it and they cant wait till late June early July. Watch out Jellystone Here come the Lightcaps!

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland? Share your experiences!