“Out of control campground.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland to your Saves list
R.R. 1, Box 396, Rte. 132n, Ashland, NH 03217   |
“Out of control campground.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was our first trip to Jellystone and our last. There are too many problems. The bathrooms are dirty always out of toilet paper and paper towels. The staff has no control over the campers here. 5 or 6 tents on a site with 4 or 5 cars on site. People in new splash park with glass bottles of beer and sitting in water with eating food. Quiet hours are not enforced at all. 2:30 am people still screaming and radios going. Staff is not friendly they could careless what is going on. Site next to us has 14 people with 5 tents and a pop up camper. Site is hardly big enough for camper.

• Stayed June 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Adams, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was my family's first trip to Jellystone and I have never reviewed a locations before.... the pool area and hot tub was good. Water slides and actives were excellent, way overpriced food and haven't seen Yogi bear at all during our. The staff however, reservations could of cared less that we were leaving with unresolved issues. Speeding golf carts, terrible smell of sewage, night staff are unfriendly and are an embarrassment, smelling strongly of alcohol. I tried report a problem but the woman i spoke to did not seem to care or listen to what I was saying, members of staff chewing tobacco and spitting it all over the place, in the store the staff can't respond politely when a complaint is made, asked to see manager numerous times but was never allowed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Ashland hotels

Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I really don't understand all the negative reviews. We stayed in the deluxe cabin and loved it!! Its a campground, so yes there is dirt around, guess what theres trees and grass too, its in the woods! Seriously, you expect not to get a little dirty, then don't go camping!
This place was great, kids had a blast and loved the water slides. We had fun at candy bar bingo, and the water playground is great! We were never bored.
We cant wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Londonderry, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were so very disappointed in this campground. We visited here on Memorial Day weekend, 2014. The bathrooms were dark, dingy and very dirty and lacking in supplies. One toilet would spray your legs when flushed. Faucet spun around and would pour water all over counter if not careful. The coat hooks in lavatories are right at eye level and someone cut their forehead open. There was no hot water for showers, only lukewarm.

We stayed at site #23 with water and electric hookups. Electric hookups kept tripping off and we had no electricity most of our stay and were not reimbursed for our inconvenience even though we paid for it. Maintenance came out a couple times and could not resolve the problem. We ended up tapping into another site for power.

Water slides had issues and were inoperative several times. The most eventful moment of the weekend was watching a truck get rescued from the river when it was trying to put in/take out their boat. The area he was putting in was extremely steep.

Campsites across from us were overloaded with lots of tents. Their party was quite noisy with loud music all day and into the night. They parked all over the place and made it really tough for others to drive by.

This place is overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: We camped in a travel trailer, so our rooms and bed were ours. Campsites across from us were overloa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Carver, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I started going here in 03 with my 4 children, they loved and so did I
. The prices are reasonable for activities that cost and they have a lot of free activities as well. All time favorite for all is Candy Bar Bingo. My children are grown now but I have been going with my b/f and his two daughters and my granddaughter. Its great because they have a layaway plan which was very helpful to me because I can't afford to pay all at once so I would book well in advance. The last time I went we rented the RV that was great too. Looking forward to going back soon.

Room Tip: Deluxe Cabin works best to fit my size family if you have more than 4 people. I like the place near...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Keene, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I typically don't write negative reviews, but I felt compelled to write something for this one. The campground was very dirty. Beer cans on the playground, garbage overflowing, clogged toilets, etc. Memorial day weekend is busy though, so we tried to be flexible. There was no hot water in the pay showers that we tried, or anywhere for that matter, unless it was from a shower/faucet we didn't try. There also wasn't any drinking water that we saw. Some people seemed to think this is normal though, so I can't really count this as a complaint.
The biggest issue we had was with service -
When we arrived, I was told twice NOT to go to my cabin, even though I knew where it was, but that I should stay and wait for an "escort". After almost 45 minutes, the escort never showed, so I just went to our site anyway. When I arrived, the rest of my family and the neighbors all said the same thing happened to them.
We also realized that even though my parents had reserved and paid for the cabins, the credit cards belonging to my brother in law and myself had also been charged. Getting credits issued seemed to be a challenge for them, and it took a relatively long time investment. It happens, I get it, but I would have rather heard the manager say something like "Go relax at your site. I'll fix this and bring some receipts by when I get it fixed."
We noticed a very out of place looking puddle in between 2 of our cabins. We mentioned it, but the staff member didn't seem to concerned, and since they had just mowed the lawn, we assumed they knew and weren't worried about it. Our neighbor also mentioned it to the staff. At 8pm, a backhoe shows up, and starts digging between the 2 cabins where we had a 6month old going to sleep, two 3yr olds playing trains in the grass, and 4 other older kids running and playing. Sure, the broken pipe has to be fixed - but this was another spot where we would have appreciated a simple "I'm sorry sir, but we have to fix this broken pipe. Can we offer you a different cabin, or set up a temporary plastic fence so the kids don't run nearby?" I wasn't looking for a "free upgrade" or anything like that - just the courtesy of recognizing that we were there on a family vacation for the long weekend, and that running a backhoe at our campsite at 8pm actually was an inconvenience.
They have some inflatable water slides there for the kids that look like a blast. My kids had begged to go on them, but we missed them Saturday. They were only open from 11a-1p. We were hiking on Sunday, so we missed it then too. On Monday, I read a sign that said they'd be open at 10am, so we made sure we were in line at 10am. The slides were inflated, but the gates were padlocked. My kids played on the playground while they waited. At 10:30a I walked to the office and asked about it opening at 10am - the conversation went like this:
"You need Subrina".
"Ok, where would I find Subrina?"
- she grabs the walkie talkie and I hear a guys voice say "yeah, we're waiting on Subrina"
so she relays that to me "We're waiting on Subrina"
At this point I could tell the conversation was going no where, so I just walked back over and waited.
At noon, I finally told me kids were were going to miss the slides, and that we were leaving a day early. I asked about getting a refund for the night we weren't staying, and without looking away from the computer screen the woman flatly said "we don't give refunds for early checkouts".
I politely mentioned the inconveniences we had run into, and she didn't change her response. To be fair, when we flatly argued our point, they offered 20% back. It still cost almost $1000 for 4 nights and 3 cabins.
To the people concerned about the "white trash" - you're right. Lots of swearing, lots of weed smoke floating around the campground, and some late night partying. We didn't care about that though. To us, thats to be expected and is just different strokes for different folks, and didn't bother us in the least. I bring it up though, because it would probably get to some people.
Definitely not an upscale campground, even though the prices and the website would lead you to believe that. We will not be going back due to the service, but even if the service was top notch, we probably wouldn't go back anyway.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tyngsboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We rented a deluxe cabin for the Halloween weekend and totally felt duped. This cabin is tiny!!!!! That isn't my complaint though. In the cabin when you walk in is a full size bed. A room with two bunk beds and then a loft with a full size bed. Going up to the loft is a ladder with absolutely no railing whatsoever. The first few steps you can at lease fit your fingers between the ladder and the wall but not at the top steps which you would think would be the most crucial. Waking up I the middle of the night in a dark cabin being in the loft is extremely dangerous. I know this because I woke up in an ambulence on my way to an ER. I have no memory of the fall or anything until some point in the ambulence. With a head injury and possibly fractured ribs. I feel the setup of these cabins is ridiculous. I just thank god it was me and not one of the children . Needless to say this ruined the weekend. I so wanted to go home but didn't have the heart to ruin the experience for my kids or scare them any further. The kids did enjoy themselves but I will say I do think its ridiculous that they have pumpkin decorating and run out of pumpkins. Not fun explaining that to your let down children. Anyway I just also wanted to state that when our friend told mgmt of the fall they had nothing to say but that they would file a report. She got no apology or anything. If you do decide to go skip the cabins and be careful!!!

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland? Share your experiences!