“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marcus Daly Motel

Marcus Daly Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anaconda
Marcus Daly Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Anaconda
Bozeman, Montana
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My company booked me a room here when I had to work overnight in Anaconda. It was a pleasant surprise. The owner was so nice! She kept commenting on their great showers and new comfy mattresses. She was right! The rooms were so clean it made me embarrassed to think about my house! I even took a bath in the tub without feeling the need to scrub it with the bleach wipes I brought! All rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. I have offered to work in Anaconda again just to have the chance to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

The Marcus Daly is an older motel with large rooms, air conditioning, microwave, cable tv, refrigerator, and comfortable beds. The room was spotless and within easy walking distance of restaurants and shopping, and very reasonably priced. The owner Faye is very friendly and helpful.

We had stayed the night before in Phillipsburg at the Kaiser House which was an overpriced swelteringly hot tourist trap nightmare, so the Marcus Daly was an Oasis for us. I would recommend anyone visiting Phillipsburg drive the extra 30 miles to Anaconda and stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
helena, mt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We always stay here when we're in Anaconda. It's a landmark in Anaconda. Older but always clean. The rooms are big and roomy with comfy new mattresses, pillows and nice linens and towels. The shower is the old fashioned kind with lots of pressure! Big new flat screen tv if that matters to you. The owners are so friendly and will fix you up with anything you might need. The hotel was full for reunions and Art in the Park weekend, but all was quiet and in working order. We'll be back whenever we need to stay in Anaconda.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

It's nice to be able to get some helpful reviews when traveling to a small town like Anaconda. The Marcus Daley is a great place to stay: immaculately clean, friendly, helpful owner and reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Helena Mt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

We went to Fairmont with my brother and his children. (4 adults, 7 children total). The state wrestling tournament was in Butte so there was nothing in Butte to rent. I had to settle for Anaconda and we were glad we did. This place is very small and quaint. It has an inclosed parking lot and the owner lives on site. It is not under a chain flag so she gets to do whatever she wants with her rooms and they are nice. All beds were quality pillowtop mattresses and the bathroom was very clean and bright. In the morning my wife asked me if I was cold because I had the blankets pulled all the way up to my chin and I was snuggled up. Nope I was extremely comfortable. I slept like a rock. I dont sleep like that on my own damn bed

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Leeds, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I must admit I'm a little confused by the other reviews on trip advisor on the Marcus Daly which does make me wonder if we had a particularly 'bad' room (not that it was that bad even) compared to what everyone else says.

We arrived here late on a very rainy night and were glad to get the very last room (hence me now wondering if it was left until last to fill for a reason?). We were greeted by the lovely lady who runs the place and made to feel very welcome.

If anything the room was just a little too large which made it feel a little bare and slightly souless. Compared to the other motels we stayed at on our trip (all chosen from trip advisor reviews) it was just not quite up to the standard of the others we selected.

However, it served us well for a nice quiet night which was all we needed, and the friendly greeting was just great!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I have never been to a cleaner motel in my life. The attention to detail is great. The owners are amazing, you will never find a more passionate couple about their property than these two. I've stayed there off and on for the whole year and wouldn't stay anywhere else. If ever in the area again i would totally drive out of my way to stay there instead of anywhere in Bozeman, Butte or Missoula.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Marcus Daly Motel? Share your experiences!