“Great service, delicious steak” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Anaconda, Montana
“Great service, delicious steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Robin and Stephanie for a great first experience at the Barclay II. My wife and I are moving to Anaconda and we were thrilled to find this excellent fine dining option. Our filet was flavorful and perfectly cooked. We really enjoyed our entire meal and look forward to going back. Also, ridiculously affordable given the amount and quality of the food.

Visited May 2013

Missoula, Montana, United States
“Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I eat all over the world and love fine restaurants, but there's nothing like a classic supper house with a shrimp cocktail and fresh crispy salad served with the meal. If you love great food, and I'm a great cook, don't miss this wonderful restaurant tucked away in Anaconda. You won't be disappointed. L. J. Martin

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, OR
“Best Dinner Anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

A visit to Barclay II is worth a trip to Anaconda- from anywhere! Quiet environment, attentive staff, cold brews and well made cocktails. And the best tenderloin dinner you will ever have. Each dinner comes with shrimp cocktail, salad, antipasto plate, spaghetti and raviolis, and dessert. And the prices are affordable.

Visited May 2013
Martinsville, Virginia
“Good Food. Great Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

What a fun dinner we had on a cold February night in Anaconda Montana at Barclays II The food was good and there was lots of it. At least one of you in your party needs to spring for the “extra” that gets you the side of spaghetti and ravioli. We ate Halibut (a bit overcooked) with the sides, Prawns (OK), T-bone steak (delicious) and a spaghetti and ravioli dinner (excellent). There was so much food that the four of us ate leftovers the next night for dinner. The prices were very reasonable. The wait staff was very, very friendly and attentive. We really enjoyed talking to the granddaughter of the original owner. Her grandmother started the business many years ago while her grandfather was running a bar in town…the original Barclays. She told us about the history of Anaconda, with its copper smelter and how the town was really hurt when copper prices bottomed out in the 80’s and how it has come back. The décor of Barclays II reminded me of a place my dad used to take us 50 years ago when we were kids. Dated, comfy, and really special!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anaconda
“$85.00 Per Person”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I went there for his birthday. We ordered lobster tail. They charged us $85.00 per plate. I couldn't believe it. The restaurant had rinkidink tables with white table cloths over them. Metal and vinyl office chairs to sit in. We were squished up against the wall. I couldn't find a place for my feet under the table because of the legs of the table and the awkwardness of the chairs. The shrimp cocktail was the worst I ever had in my life. Tasted like canned shrimp in ketchup mixed with artificial sweetener. Lobster was a large portion but tasted boiled. Had to chop ingredients of the salad up with a butter knife. We were warned to put cool butter in the butter melter or it would pop and splash on us. The main waitress had the fakest smile ever. We won't be back.

• Visited February 2013