“Nice place to enjoy drinks/dinner with friends” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: American
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice place to enjoy drinks/dinner with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I visited Augusta Brewing Company while in Augusta for a girls weekend. Of the 2 places right in town that serve dinner this is definitely your best option. Atmosphere is great as well with lots of indoor and outdoor seating.

Food was adequate and beer was good - I had a sampler and a cheeseburger.

Notes from the group:
Favorite beers were the Blonde and the Pumpkin.
Chips, Salsa and Guacamole were average.
Salads were a little expensive based on portion size, but good
Brie was yummy!

Visited October 2012

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were expecting to just visit wineries while in Augusta. We took a wrong turn trying to head back home (is that even possible in such a small town? LOL) and we drove past the brewery. Of course we had to stop. Great IPA beer! And one of the best homemade German brat with stone ground mustard and sauerkraut I've had!! Tables on the lawn with a very picturesque view as well!

“Veggie burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The best veggie burger every. Beer is great. This is the place to go for food and beer in Augusta. If you are doing the Katy trail don't miss this place.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Lovely little stop along the Katy Trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is the perfect place to stop during a bike ride or stroll down the Katy Trail. They offer plenty of food and wine selections, and a wide variety of local beers. The view is beautiful, and there is plenty of outdoor seating and even a small bamboo "forest" for kids to play in. I love it!

Springfield, Missouri
“Great Beer, Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

As a brewery I would rate this very highly. I tried several different types or their locally made beers and like them all. I would also give high marks for the convenience and accomidation of the bar. We were there to watch a football game (our B&B didn't have a TV) and the staff was willing to stay a little later than their normal hours.
However, I'd have to say the food and service wasn't nearly as stellar. The food was pretty average. Not bad by any means but also nothing I couldn't probably make just as good at home. The service was also pretty slow. That's not to say all the waitresses weren't nice because they were very friendly when they got around to us. That just wasn't very frequently and there a few of our party's orders that were messed up as well.
All in all, it's a nice place to stop by for a few beers and some appetizers but I probably wouldn't stay for dinner.