“Back again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of H. S. Clay House B & B and Guest Cottaage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Augusta
H. S. Clay House B & B and Guest Cottaage
Ranked #4 of 11 Augusta B&B and Inns
St. Louis, Missouri
“Back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I were looking to stay at a Bed & Breakfast in Augusta near the Katy Trail for biking and winery & brewery visits. We recommend the H. S. Clay House and Guest Cottage to all our friends looking for this sort of get away! Leigh and Alan are wonderful hosts and the breakfasts rival any we have ever had! The best! We stay in the Guest Cottage and absolutely love it! The grounds are romantic and the rooms are extremely charming! We try to book several days there every year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
St Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were celebrating my birthday and decided to go up to Augusta. We had a wonderful night at the Clay House--only wish we could have stayed longer. Leigh and Alan are the perfect hosts and a most entertaining couple. The food was delicious, the rooms were clean and furnished to the hilt, the grounds were magical-- replete with gardens, hot tub, pool and lots of sitting areas for everyone. The area offers many choices on weekends for dining. We had the Montelle Winery sunset dinner which Leigh reccomended. The view from montelle's patio is dreamy and the food was 5 star. We will be back!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong in any room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the guest cottage for a celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. We found the cottage charming, and well equipped for our needs. It was spacious and cozy at the same time, and another big plus-plenty of towels. The antique bed was very comfortable. The vaulted ceiling and beams have a wonderful, vintage feel. We will definitely stay in the cottage again. The main house is full of character, and just beautiful. It was also full of collectibles and antiques. I love to collect "things" also, but I was amazed at how well such a wealth of objects could be tastefully displayed. Alan and Christina (also known as Leigh) were wonderful hosts, and oh, the breakfasts! They were so delicious, and that alone could be a reason to return. We very much enjoyed the happy hour presented to guests each evening, delicious! The garden was very lush and pleasant. If you simply drive by, that, along with the fairy lights enveloping the property, certainly catch the eye. Speaking of the fairy lights, the inside of the house just twinkles, including the crystal on the sitting room mantle, quite magical. We feel our hosts make a lot of sacrifices to insure their guests have a relaxing, comfortable and charming stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We've not had a better one-night stay than we just did, at the Clay House. The interior is magical. The grounds are exquisitely landscaped. The proprietors make their guests feel like the home is theirs for the time they're there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Defiance, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The B&B dreams are made of!!! Leigh and Alan are true professionals! This home is a true diamond in the ruff with so much to offer, and so cozy I feel that five stars just arnt enough. Its the most beautiful place I have ever stayed with a uniqueness and charm I cant put into words. The food was 5 star on its own and the service was out of this world! Warm, welcoming, and so relaxing! Its just what I needed! I wish I could stay forever! I will be comming back agin and agin. This B&B has more then earned itsself the spot as my number one choice for the perfect weekend getaway!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband & I stayed a night here after visiting a few of the area wineries. Alan & Leigh were fabulous! Alan's cooking was some of the best we ever had! Leigh was very informative and welcoming upon arrival. We very much recommend this B&B and will stay again if we visit Augusta again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Every time we stay at Leigh and Allan's B&B we regret not staying longer. Going to Augusta with our best friends, biking to the two local wineries, coming back to the B&B for happy hour and the yummiest punch, walking to the brewery for dinner, and then coming back to hot tub and sit around the firepits is our FAVORITE weekend getaway. We've been 3 times so far. Leigh and Allan are so sweet and love to catch up with us. I could spend weeks just looking around their home. Last night we had the house to ourselves and we relaxed on the family room couches with our friends, drinking wine and perusing their old books. I wanted to play some of the games they had lying about, but there just wasn't enough time. We're already thinking about our next visit and plan on staying longer.

My parents have stayed at HS Clay House and loved it too!

• Stayed March 2012

Been to H. S. Clay House B & B and Guest Cottaage? Share your experiences!