“Arcadia Valley Stables horseback trail ride” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 attractions in Arcadia
Type: Valleys
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Compared to the rolling mountains of New England, this scenic valley is nestled in the heart of the Missouri Ozarks.
Carthage, Missouri
“Arcadia Valley Stables horseback trail ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I brought our 12 year old grandson to Arcadia Valley for spring break 2011. We stayed at the Big Creek RV Park in Annapolis, MO and that was tops! The people that own that were very nice, helpful and accomodating. The park is great, easy in/out access by a creek. My husband and I plan on returning there this summer just to enjoy the area and relax. A definite 10 on my recommendation list.

We booked our trail ride at the Arcadia Valley Stables. Another 10 on my score! We went for the 1/2 day trail ride. The trail went along the river and through the woods through the property to an area they had pre-planned for the lunch stop. There was a picnic table there and the lady at the Plain & Fancy Bed and Breakfast had made homemade fried chicken that was yummy and some homemade cookies that were melt in your mouth! Also provided was potato salad, cole slaw, rolls and drink. We then were provided fishing poles and bait and were able to do fun fishing in the pond. After that we rode back. Spotted 2 Blue Herons up in the tops of the trees in their nests. I had never seen that before. The day was perfect! I would highly recommend this place for a super fun time. We definitely had one!
Nancy Brewer
Carthage, Missouri

Visited March 2011

Gerald, MO
“Visit wine and River Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

Arcadia is a quaint collection of antique stores, Branson-Style Shows, and various other unique and exciting things to do. In addition, you can visit various historical and natural sites- Fort Davidson site and Museum, Elephant Rocks State Park (the #1 in MO) and Taum Sauk mountain/Mina Sauk Falls. THe valley is a great family destination packed with B&B's, Unique eats, and classic northern Ozarks culture.

RESTAURANTS
-Baylee Jo's BBQ (voted best in MO)
-Perk on The Plaza Coffee
-Academy Inn (Lunch Only)
-Cozy Corner Cafe'
-Lil' Whiskers

ACCOMADATIONS
-Low Water Cottage
-Academy Inn
-Plain N Fancy BB
-Various RV parks also exist.