“Old Run Down Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Austin

You added Days Inn Austin to your Saves list
Days Inn Austin
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 16th Avenue Northwest, I-90 Exit 178A, Austin, MN 55912   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Austin
Deerfield
“Old Run Down Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Front Desk People were GREAT!! Hotel needs a major renovation. Bathrooms were disgusting and had dirty stained counter tops. Overpriced for what we received. Nice people that worked there but Hotel was very dirty and smelled of cigarette smoke. Would never go back!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

AustinGM, General Manager at Days Inn Austin, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. I am happy to read that you found our staff to be great. I am so very sorry to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to meet or exceed all of our guest’s expectations and I am deeply sorry to learn that we did not do either for you. It is through open and honest feedback that we can continue to learn and grow from our guest’s experiences and I will be sharing your comments with our entire team so we can work to prevent future experiences such as yours. Thank you again for taking the time to share you experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Montpelier, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel was good enough. Clean, with rooms that were adequate to get a good night's sleep after a long day of driving. Reasonably priced. The complimentary breakfast was carb laden, but the coffee was enough to get us started for the day. It's okay for one night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AustinGM, General Manager at Days Inn Austin, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very sorry to learn that our hotel was only “good enough”. It is our goal to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and I am sorry to learn we did not do so with your stay. I am happy to read that you found our hotel clean and a place for a good night’s rest. I have shared your comments with all of our staff so we can continue to work towards exceptional stays for all of our guests. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you again soon.
Menomonee Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I hate the new coffee makers, which we found everywhere we stopped. I went down to Shopko and bought a 4 cup Mr. coffee and a bag of real coffee which will always travel with me now. Other than that, GREAT!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

AustinGM, General Manager at Days Inn Austin, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share. I am sorry to hear that you did not like our coffee makers. Besides what is available in the rooms we also offer fresh brewed coffee in the lobby. I am happy to read that you found our hotel to be “GREAT” and hope we will see you back again on your next trip by.
Gwinn, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I were traveling out west and stayed here one night. It was very reasonably priced. The room was small and did not have a lot of space to put our things out, like cosmetics. But the motel was very clean and the staff friendly. We did not need anything special. The breakfast was very basic but can't complain for free! I would recommend it for a one night place to sleep while on the road and not spend a lot of money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AustinGM, General Manager at Days Inn Austin, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly. I am sorry to see that the hotel did not exceed your expectations or wasn't anything special. We pride ourselves in trying to deliver an exceptional stay experience for all of our guests and will use your feedback to ensure we are continually working to do so. I have shared your comments with our staff and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for sharing.
Watertown, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at the Days Inn at the end of August on our way to IL. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I reserved two rooms with only one bed, so the rooms were smaller. If we stay there again, I would chose a room with two beds to have the extra space. Perkins is right next door, so we had supper there - good meal, good service. (At check in we received a 10% off coupon to use at Perkins, so that was a nice incentive.) There are other restaurants nearby also. Check in and check out were quick and efficient. The hotel was quiet - no one running up and down the halls, slamming doors, etc. Breakfast was the standard doughnuts, toast, some fruit, coffee, and tea.
My father in law had the second room. When we got to IL, he discovered that he had left something in the room in Austin. He made a call to the hotel and they kept it for him until we drove back through on Sunday evening on our way home. The extra effort was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AustinGM, General Manager at Days Inn Austin, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind comments. I am happy to read that your stay was pleasant and our staff was able to assist in getting what was left behind back to your father in law. We look forward to you and your family staying with us again. I have shared your comments with our team so we can continue to deliver the same level of cleanliness and service to all of our guests. Thank you again for sharing.

Been to Days Inn Austin? Share your experiences!