“Abrupt Awakening!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
Flandreau, South Dakota
“Abrupt Awakening!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The suite was clean. Our problem was we received a wake-up call at 5:00 and did not ask for one!!! I called the front desk and she said it was in the computer for a wake-up call. I advised her we did not ask for one!!!! She said she took it out! 5 min. later it went off again!!!! I called and she said there must be something I had to do on my phone. REALLY!!!!! She said she hadn't been asked that before!!!. WOW I asked for a manager of course none till morning. I talked to the manager in the morning with NO SATISFACTION!!! The staff member at the desk said she was sorry. We will not return!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Grandstay, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I am truly sorry for the issue with your wake up call. This is not something that I have had an issue with at GrandStay Apple Valley. I was informed of this situation and we had our system support look into the issue and they were able to resolve. I am sorry I did not get to speak with you before you departed. I would truly appreciate it if you give us another chance the next time you are in town.
Tony Lawler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rochester, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for 90 bucks, every room is a suite which made it nice as I like to get up early and my wife could sleep in, while i watched tv in the next room. great price for a suite. The beds were very comfortable and they serve a continental breakfast in the morning, scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal ect... They also have a restraraunt on site. Very nice place to stay, easy directions to get down town mpls form hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Apple Valley.

Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in a 1 BR suite (all rooms are suites) and it was just what we needed. The room had a fridge, microwave, kitchenette, separate bedroom, pull out sofa bed and 2 flat screen tvs. Property is newer and smelled clean in hallways, rooms, etc. There is a great restaurant called Enjoy right down the road, walking distance, also a Target, Walgreens and many fast food places. There is a small pool with a whirlpool so if you're looking for a big pool, this isn't your place. My twin 12 yr olds had a blast in the pool, however, and were the only people at the pool around 9 pm on a Saturday. Clean, crisp linens and wonderful front desk staff. We got an internet deal for $80 on a $100 rate and were very happy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. The hotel is only 5 years old. So everything is still very new and we take pride in preserving and maintaining the hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Somerset, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a two day concert to attend in Farmington, MN at the Dakota County Fairgrounds. This hotel had a special going for those attending the concert! It was very close, and an overall great place to stay! Customer service was excellent! We will be back again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your response. Thank you for the compliment on our staff’s customer service. The GrandStay staff takes an extreme amount of price in going above and beyond for our guests. Our goal is for each and every guest to feel as though they are at home. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Grantsburg, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in August.
Pros: Spacious suite, esp for $: If extended stay it has small kitchenette; Close proximity to MN Zoo (with shuttle if you want it) : Great breakfast (esp since it is included): Clean : Daughter loved the Bath and Body products as toiletries

Cons: small pool (although we had it to ourselves so it worked); slow elevator; smaller breakfast area; had some trouble with wifi

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Grandstay gives a terrible first impression. The baggage carts are hard to steer and there aren't bellhops. The elevators are slow. The wifi doesn't work on iPhones or iPads (4 failures in our party, not just me) and the guy at the front desk can't help and the third party who manages their computers doesn't answer his phone. These are things which every Motel 6 and Days Inn figured out long ago and here is this joint with pretensions at being a hotel and price to boot and they don't know how their own system works.

It got better after a while with no help from the staff. My cousin figured out the WiFi, but he has worked at Hewlett Packard for about 40 years. The restaurant is about what you would expect from a land with white bread franchises stretching out as far as the eye can see.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley? Share your experiences!