“Good sushi ..very expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Good sushi ..very expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We had 630 reservations.. somehow they got mixed up ..so we had to wait till 7:30. I feel we should of been compensated for the wait and the mix up ..we ordered a sushi boat $ 98 ...it was good ..would not order it again..you need to like all shusi to get the value out of it..we sat down at 730 745...ordered the chef was good..I prefer med rare on steak..and when it is cut up it gets over done...when cooking 9 people sitting around the table...the main reason we went was to be with our friends to celebrate their sons birthday

I nor my husband would go back to this reastaurant

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lakeville, Minnesota
“stay home”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Ordered off the menu, which was a problem . The chicken was cold and overpriced. The tempura shrimp was greasy and the batter was gritty ? I think I saw the server run over to Cub and get the chicken as the kitchen was supposedly closed.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Fun sitting at the Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Entertainment and dinner what can be better, not cheap.

Visited November 2011
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“The owner of Kami has HORRIBLE customer service and business sense!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My husband and I wanted to have a nice dinner with some friends and Kami WAS a placed we liked to go. We frequently buy their 50% off coupons on social websites. We wanted use our coupon and our friends had one also. They said we couldn't use them both even if we were paying seperate because we made a reservation for four and it didn't matter that we were paying seperately. They said we would have had to make two different reservations per couple and then we could have used both coupons. Except if we made different reservations we aren't guaranteed the same table with our friends. The woman manager who also claimed to be the owner said she would let us switch tables and not sit next to our friends and then we would be able to use the coupon!!! WHY WOULD WE HAVE DONE THAT?? It didn't make any sense if we were there dining with friends. Two weeks ago we were with different friends and had a reservation for four and we BOTH used coupons that night and it wasn't an issue. When I informed the manager/ owner of that she said she would look up who was the server that night and they would get in trouble and be fired for taking the coupons. I couldn't believe my ears! I asked if she could make an exception this time since we were unaware of the rule. She wouldn't budge I told her she won't be in business for much longer if that how she is treating her customers. I will never eat there again and I will make sure to tell everyone I know that Kami is the most horrbile experience in dining I have ever had!!!

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Most horrible experience I have ever had a restaurant.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had made reservations for a very special evening for a larger party and when we got there they tried to squeeze us around half of a table and we did not fit. They told us that they needed the other half of the table for other reservations, however, we simply did not fit! No one in our group was very large- average sizes and we were told that seating is based on "normal" people. Again, we had NO obese people in our group and even if we did I cannot believe how rude! Service was absolutely terrible! They overcharged us on our bill for drinks we never received (orderd but never got) and I had to have a manager take them off and they brought us our bill before we were able to get desert. When I asked, I was told that we did not have time to eat desert as they had another reservation waiting. If we chose, we could go back to the bar. I have never been treated so rudely and will never return. The "chef" who was preparing it was very young and inexperienced. The hibachi show or lack there of was terrible, horrible service (had to beg for drinks and never got them and was then charged!), and mediocre food. What a waste of money and time. Never again. Had much better experiences at Ichiban (favorite food) or on the cheaper end, Osaka.

• Visited January 2012