“Travelers' Disappointment” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Seattle
“Travelers' Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

For all the rave reviews, I have to confess disappointment: This is a semi-fast-food place in a strip mall. The pizza was good (although I ordered a medium and was given and paid for an XL instead), but the guy at the register made some frustrating errors.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mlps, MN
“A taste of Chicago in MN - Great Food ~ Non-franchise ~ Great Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Amoung all the giant restaurant chains, one might ask, "where are those great little Mom and Pop places that serve really great food and reasonable prices?" You know, the kinds that Chicago is famous for. Well I'm here to tell you that Ramy's is just such a restaurant. And interesting blend of Mediterranean foods, from Greek to Italian to Mideastern, Ramy's has fused these foods into an interesting hybrid.

I had the gyro platter tonight, and the vegs were fresh and delicious, that rice interesting and tasty (Morocco influence I believe). My wife had the sausage calzone, which was good, not outstanding, but good. The staff made a mix-up on one of the orders, and immediately corrected it at no charge. The pizza at the next table looked amazing (that's what we are ordering next time). And all the prices very reasonable. Furthermore, I've heard that their Philly cheese steak is as good as you'll get in Philly!

You'll find Ramy's clean and comfortable for casual dinning. The atmosphere is fitting for this establishment. If you are like me and want to see great Mom and Pop restaurants survive in MN, go to Ramy's, you'll love the food and the prices, and you'll be supporting what MN needs more of, a great little Mom and Pop restaurant with interesting foods and great value.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, MN
“Good Gyros”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I have eaten here a few times. The food is pretty good. No complaints. I enjoy the gyros. Good prices. Decent selection of entrees.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“excelent people and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

place that u shoud try , affordable prices and tasty food

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Great Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

This place has become my favorite spot to go for a nice casual meal or for take-out. Others have mentioned it, but I will too, the Philly Cheese steak is delicious. It’s a nice size portion, plenty of meat, and I love the bread it’s on. It’s hard for me to order anything else because I really like it so much. But I have ordered a gyro pita and a cheese steak pizza and I liked both of them as well.

There is a rather varied selection of items on the menu. Salads, numerous types of pizza, Stromboli, calzones, hot subs, cold subs, wraps, kabobs, pitas and pasta dishes. Oh, and my second favorite thing on the menu, garlic knots. Little twits of bread with what I think is garlic butter and other seasonings. Prices seem to be reasonable as well and they have some coupons on their website.

It’s sort of diner-esque on the inside so it’s not a place to go when looking for a fancier sit down type restaurant. But for casual it’s fine. You go in and place your order at the “window” then go take your seat. They should probably put some condiments on the tables. Now they have them up by the counter so you would have to go and bring them back to your table.

They only thing I don’t really like are the French fries. They are the thicker crinkle cut type and I like the “fast food” shoestring. They do come with some seasoning on them that gives them a little extra flavor.

Finally, the owners are very friendly and they even know me by name now! As well, I like that by going there I can support a locally owned restaurant. I even suggested that they expand the days for the “Super Lunch Specials” which were only available on Monday and Tuesday (when I’m at work and can’t go) and the very next day they did! How is that for customer service! Think a big chain restaurant would have listened to me, much less implemented a change the next day. No way! But that is how you make loyal customers.

Definitely looking forward to my next cheese steak sandwich!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere