“Family trip to the Minnesota Zoo” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15000 Glazier Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apple Valley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“Family trip to the Minnesota Zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Seeing the Minnesota zoo with family was great we stayed at the AmericInn Hotel in Apple Valley for $68.00 a night for 3 nights. The staff got us checked in quickly and showed us to our room. The room was very good sized and the beds were clean and comfortable. The kids enjoyed sleeping on the pull out. We were very happy that there was free parking as we did a lot of driving to the Zoo and several other places including the mall of America. It was the best vacation with the whole family that we can remember. Free Breakfast was very good and they kept it replenished. The swimming pool was a favorite of the kids, my husband and I enjoyed the hot tub to relax.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during your family trip and for taking the time to post your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. Come and stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Taylor Ridge, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here in late August. The location south of Minneapolis is convienent if you have a car. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The interstate is a little bit of a drive and at the time of my stay there was construction that slowed my progress. The furnishings are run of the mill. My room was clean enough; not spotless but I am extremely picky. The front desk staff seems young and inexperienced but I didn't have any specific issues during my brief stay. I booked the room at the last minute thru Hotels.com for a good rate of $75 which seemed about the right value. I didn't eat breakfast in the morning so I can't comment on the quality of the food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We are currently upgrading the hotel and our number one goal is to exceed the standards of both our guests and this franchise. Please allow us to prove this to you during a future visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Since my first nights stay way back in June, this hotel has truely amazed me with it's hospitality and attention to detail. This hotel is in the midst of remodel of everything but not once has there been disruption because of it. I am completely astonished by the depth of involvement from house keepers to upper management. Because of this constant attention to detail i have chosen to call this my home. Y not?? I have a pool sauna hot tub hot breakfast dogs are allowed and every single time i walk thru the door im greeted with a smile and that's amazing. I have witnessed issues thst may arrise and each employee is dedicated and trained properly to take care of the issues in a professional way and most importantly it's because they care not just because it a job. Thank you all of the staff at americinn for living hospitality especially in a society that is severely lacking. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.there is a huge weight lifted when u are assured u will be well taken care of ! Deffinately a place of value!

• Stayed August 2012
Jake D, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We take pride in the work we are doing at the property but mostly in creating a sense of home for all of our guests. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
Seabrook Island, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed at this motel as we have in the past. New owners, two brothers, who are putting in money and redoing a lot that was needed. It was a 5 night stay and was fairly satisfactory even though the breakfasts were the usual---Poor. On the last day had trouble with the toilet but I figured out how to flush it. Showed it to the maintenance man who said he would get it repaired. Returned to the room late in the evening to find that the toilet was not working at all. No maintenance man on duty and none could be contacted. Asked desk to find me another room. None available--sold out. Asked to find local hotel. All sold out. Asked desk what were their recommendations. They had none. Asked them to call the manager. Called back and said he was not available and they had no suggestions other that to come down the stairs during the night and use the lobby facilities. Next morning asked if manager was contacted and they said he could not be reached. Told them I did not want to pay for the room for that night. Said they couldn't change the bill without manager approval. Checked out and asked manager to call me. Still waiting--no call. Some day something bad will happen such as a death in the motel. Wonder where the manager will be. Wonder if I will ever get the deduction for the room. Wonder if the manager would book a room in another motel without a toilet. I doubt it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
First of all I would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to post your review. To see through our individual guest’s viewpoints is the best way we can improve on all future guest’s stays with us. Please consider staying with us again as we would like a chance to show you the improvements that we have and will continue to make.
Tampere, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Nice hotel, nothing special but everything works. Clean rooms, loud air conditioning but not so bad, breakfast is small and poor but it's a good starter anyway. Don't pay for that, if you don't have to.
Beds are great and service was good.
Location is great, close enough to visit Minneapolis and Mall Of America, but only if you have a car.
Parking is big enough, you don't need reservation, even they say so in their website.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your comments. We are currently working on improving our breakfast and think that you will find it more enjoyable during a future visit.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I got the 40% off deal which brought the room to $75 for the night. I would pay that price again but I would not pay over $100 for this room. Nothing in particular wrong with it, just a cheap room, but was relatively clean, had an OK bed, and a flat screen tv.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for posting your review. Please come back and stay with us again as you will get to experience the many upgrades we are making throughout the hotel.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We arrived and within 20 min. my three year old found dirty panties in the bed. I called the front desk and we were switched to a different room. Obviously the sheets hadn't been changed. The second room had black mold growing in the toilet, there was a pile of toenail clippings next to the bed, Mexican food had been left in the non-working refrigerator, both the recliner and futon were dirty with crumbs and old. The non-working air conditioner ran all night and did not cool the room at all. I used my asthma inhaled several times throughout the evening due to mold. The liteswitch also turned off the alarm clock, that was a nice touch. My husband tried to set the alarm clock and rested his hand on the nitestand and wound up with some kind of sticky substance all over his wrist and forearm. We arrived late in the evening, otherwise we would have just left. The next morning my husband informed the front desk that we would be checking out after he returned from his business meeting, leaving a full 2 and a half days earlier than we had reserved. A hotel employee called the room after speaking with my husband, stating she was "the co-worker". I asked "What co-worker? Are you the manager?" She stated she was the co-worker of the person my husband spoke to and then said "I understand you've had some problems." That's it, that's all she said. That'd not a question, that's a statement. I went through all the issues and she offered to have maintenance come in an housekeeping come back in, which I declined. I stated that its not my responsibility to inform you of what needs to be done. That just should have been taken care of before we arrived. I was informed that we would be charged $15 an hour for our stay, I said no... We wouldn't be paying that. I asked what the $15 was for even??? She for housekeeping. I laughed and said "I think we BOTH know that no housekeeping is getting done here..." She didn't reply
My husband called shortly after I spoke with "the co-worker" to ask to speak with the manager and was hung up on twice. After being hung up on, my husband left in the middle of his meeting to pick myself and our child up and take us to nicer hotel. We turned in the keys at the front desk and young man stared at us for several seconds before asking how our stay was. I laughed and said it could have been a lot better. He stated he was the managers brother. Im not sure why family of the workers were behind the desk talking to customers...I stated the issues we had....again. He looked quite surprised

• Stayed July 2012

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Apple Valley? Share your experiences!