“AmericInn Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Alexandria
Moorhead, Minnesota
“AmericInn Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night during a recent visit to the Carlos Creek Winery.

Pros:
*Good location near restaurants, shopping and easy to get to from the interstate
*Decent continental breakfast
*Front desk staff was pleasant and prepared to give directions to the winery.
*Room was clean

Cons:
*The fridge in the room had a high pitched hum that made us have to unplug it in order to sleep.
*We were in room 201, right at the top of the steps and you could hear EVERYTHING. We could hear every word the front desk staff said as she was checking in people or answering the phone, etc. The one gal that worked that evening was VERY pleasant and helpful, but her voice was very loud and carried quite far. We could also hear/feel the vibration from the hottub in the pool area. I would definitely recommend not putting customers in room 201 if you can avoid it, it's just in a bad location for quiet.
*The rate was a little higher than I would expect for the area and for the accommodations.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
NicoleWaxweiler, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your valuable comments, which will help us to improve. We like that you enjoyed our location, front desk staff, cleanliness, and breakfast; however sincerely apologize for the noise. Your comments are now a high priority to us. Thank you again, we hope to see you in future visits to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
N/A
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The front desk was very helpful, and the room was very clean and quiet. Doolittle's, across the street was recommended for dinner and was outstanding too. Breakfast was great, with waffles and other hot entrees available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel and staff! We take great pride to make your stay successful. We are delighted to know you liked our waffles and we could recommend one of many fabulous restaurants in our city. We look forward to your next vist.
Wahpeton, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 3/13/13 I had room 112 the service was great the front desk person was friendly and personable. My room was wonderful I a very comfy bed with 4 fluffy pillows in my queen bed. My room also had a sofa coffee table and a nice easy chair, I spose the flat screen tv was a 35" I am not a good judge of them. Internet was fast Comfortable enough to be my temporary home away from home. It was quiet and clean. This propery also has a hot tub and a swimming pool. I did not use them. I have stayed at this property before and will again. Breakfast was typical cereals, breads fresh fruits,yogurt juices,the waffle maker I also seen some bacon and eggs.So I am sure you'll find something to eat,They are located in an area that was close to the mall, Walmart, Fleet farm, several resturants and even fast food.Every thing is well with in walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NicoleWaxweiler, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your comments for future travelers to see. Glad you enjoyed your stay and we made you feel like home! Look forward to your future stay with us!
Royalton, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I travel a lot for work and I would have to say this is one of the friendliest Americinn's I stay at. During my most recent visit; I was having Internet computer problems and the staff at the front desk worked with me to solve the issue, great job Alexandria Americinn!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are happy to hear we made you feel like the value guest that you are! We always look forward to your stays!
Waite Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for a night. The hotel and rooms are very clean, nice atmosphere and wonderful staff. The breakfast is also very good. Enjoyed it thoroughly and would definitely stay again. The pillows were the best.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for you comments, we take pride in our hotel and hope to see you in the future.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was really happy with my choice to stay at AmericInn in Alexandria, MN. Their beds are very comfortable and have helped me make my decision as to what kind of bed to get at home. Their staff was very friendly and the hotel lobby and dining area were very nice looking. I know that I will now look for an AmericInn to stay at whenever I go out of town. Thank you AmericInn for a nice and comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank You for your comments, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future stay with us at the AmericInn in Alexandria, MN.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed he because we came to town to go skiing. The kids loved the pool. The pool is an average pool like every other hotel. The room was clean and as expected. The from sitting area of the hotel was great, there was a fire going in the evening.

The priced could be a little lower.

If you are coming from the interstate I would pick this place over the other options.

• Stayed February 2013
NicoleWaxweiler, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Alexandria with us. We hope to see you soon again!

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!