“Good place to stay but...” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4810 Highway 29 South, Exit 103, Alexandria, MN 56308   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Alexandria
Minot, North Dakota
“Good place to stay but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel was alright, pool and hot tub where nice and relaxing. The front desk attendant that checked me in was very friendly and accomidating even gave me 10% off at tennesee roadhouse when i mentioned i was going there for dinner after our long drive. The first night I booked through the hotel by calling in, the second i had used hotels.com. I asked the gal checking me in if i had to check out and re-check back in under the 2nd reservation. She told me they would take care of it all. The next night before i laid my head down to sleep i happend to check my bank account online to find i had been charged 3 times for my 2 night stay. I went to ask the front desk why this was. The man behind the counter proceeded to tell me that i had not checked out so i was obviously charged for my extended stay, I told him i booked through hotels.com and this was my hotels.com reservation. He started to laugh and pretty much say i was a fool for using them and they are a scam and they have problems with this all the time. I ask to talk to the manager and he gives me a card "but i wouldent call her at home or she'll be pissed, She will be here in the morning at 8" (me) "but i am leaving at 7:30" (him) "better stay till 8 to get this figured out" I call hotels.com hotline and they get it figured out for me after about 10 minutes. Turns out i DID need to check out and check back in and "i've been waiting for you to check in all day." If the guy would have just asked my name at the beginning it seems like it would have been solved quickly as my name is on thje reservation. He also proceeded to rip his co-worker for how dumb she is for saying they would take care of it and so on. Other then that minor thing everything else was fine. It was quiet breakfast filled me up bed was fine clean room and all that jazz.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Had to run the A/C just to keep reasonably cool, even in October when it was 50 degrees outside. It was a very old unit, and as such was VERY noisy. Bathroom was very small, and the sink outside the bathroom, accordingly was very tiny. Mattress was old, and the springs creaked. On the plus side, the room was clean and the staff was pretty good. Breakfast was the usual fatty, non-nutritional bagels, muffins etc. The only reason we stayed there was because it was $20 cheaper than anything else in town, otherwise we would have stayed at the Super 8 next door, which is usually cheaper and a bit better

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Moorhead, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Nothing special. The staff was very friendly. The pool area looked very nice (we didn't use). The continental breakfast was okay... Cereal, Fruit, Toast. The rooms were very spacious but the beds were small. This is kind of far from downtown but cab rides are pretty cheap....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

We were travelling and our room in fargo was up in the air because of the flood going on, so we booked in at this days inn thinking that because of the brand it would be alright. We were wrong! Rooms were very old, bathrooms were held together with silly puddy! The halls were dated from the 60's. Pool water was so dirty you couldn't see the bottom of the pool.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Brandon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

We made an unexpected stop at Alexandria and picked the Days Inn because it looked decent and clean from curbside.

It was clean and decent but the room was very small and the property very dated.

I paid $75.00 for the night at the AAA rate but think it should have been less.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Small and dated
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

No complaints here, nice location nice resturants all around this place , nice pool good morning breakfast.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Alexandria? Share your experiences!