This was our 2nd trip to Arrowwood in the last 2 yrs. Both times we got the kids room which happened to be the same room both times. The room itself is great, nice space and decor but they still had not replaced the broken microwave and this time the room would not cool down even though we had the air turned all the way up.
The water park was OK for a 1st trip, but as a 2nd time around pretty lame. Plus the park is really showing it's age w/ dirty and chipped paint pretty gross if you ask me. The whole park needs a major overhaul from decor, to better water fun activities, to more seating(if you found a table you had to make sure someone was always at it or people would steel it), better food &drink choices at the concession stand, larger towels( their towels are not meant for grown ups at all, so bring your own beach towels we learned that the hard way!) and the arcade is really lame as well as small. The one positive about the place is the structure itself, great vaulted wood paneled ceiling with sky lights and a wall of windows(very drafty) that looks out towards the lake.
Another huge disappointment was the quality of the food for the expensive prices we had to pay, they have changed their menu from last year and for the good. Hardly any healthy choices for either kids or adults. We tried room service for lunch one of the days we were there, it took forever to get there and the hot food was barely warm and they forgot our silverware, plus the side salad if you could call a plate of wilted lettuce with 1 g!rape tomato, 1 almost rotten cucumber slice & 2 baby carrots a salad. I understand we didn't have to eat all of our meals there, but we didn't feel like we should have to drive 20miles round trip to get a good meal and we were there on a mini vacation to enjoy what the resort had to offer. So pretty much a bad choice on our part.
I doubt we will go back for that kind of trip again, unless they make some major improvements to the park and overall food quality and choices. Which is really too bad because its a beautiful location.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arrowwood Resort And Conference Center
- Arrowwood Hotel Alexandria
- Arrowwood Resort Alexandria
- Alexandria Arrowwood Resort
- Arrowwood a Radisson Resort Alexandria
- Arrowwood Alexandria