“Wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Alexandria
Twin cities
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our family just spent three days at Arrowwood over Christmas and we had a wonderful time! If your family is looking for a place that has it all, come to Arrowwood! We stayed in the cottages and the place was beautiful. It easily accommodated all eleven of us. The staff was polite, helpful and focused on the needs of their guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the wonder review of Arrowwood! I am pleased you enjoyed our new cottages and that our staff was polite and helpful!

We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming your family in the future!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center. What can I say? I came up here for a conference at the beginning of November. I thought it was going to be a greatly enjoyable place, considering how much everyone said they LOVED it. Got there, the lobby looked nice. We got our rooms, went in, the balcony was nice, especially at sunrise. This place has an amazing facility called the Tennis Center, where you can play Tennis, and some other things, whilst indoors. The meals provided by the resort were average. Nothing really special about them. One night we went into the waterpark. I felt it was average at best, and was fun for about ten minutes. It seemed like an add-on to the original hotel, as you had to go down several LONG hallways to get there from the lobby. When on the lazy river for the first time, I was rained on by a never-ending stream of water. When I looked up, I saw that this water was coming from one of the water-slides. The waterslide was leaking. I saw the lifeguards look at it, and show no concern whatsoever. Later before I went to sleep, I wandered down to the soda vending machine, only to find that you had to pay $2.00 for a 20 oz. bottle of Coca-Cola.

Now to sum it up. Arrowwood, an okay stay, I suggest you try it out for yourself.

Room Tip: Get on some of the higher floors with balconies that face the lake.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the kind comments! I am glad you enjoyed your room and the indoor Tennis Center. I appreciate your comments about the food, I'm sorry you felt your meals only average. We normally receive high praise on our food quality.

Thank you again for your review!
Crookston, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We have stayed at this property numerous times, and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and efficient. I have been here for intimate events as well as conferences for over 800 people and have felt welcomed and well attended to in both instances. The rooms are large, with comfortable beds and updated furnishings. They also have microwaves, coffee makers, and refrigerators. The odd numbered rooms face the lake and either have patios or balconies. Great views! The food is excellent, and the staff is super helpful to those with special dietary needs, such as gluten free options. There is a smaller pool/hot tub area across from the spa, and a huge water park in another area of the hotel. They have a snack bar and arcade in the water park area too. Great place for a family getaway, conference, or romantic weekend stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others! I'm happy to see you mentioned the help you received when you let us know your dietary needs. We try to accommodate all dietary needs including gluten free and other allergies.

Thank you again for the great review! We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Off season best value in the area a great place to stay wake up to the sunrise over the lake
One of TJS GREAT PLACES
This well worth the extra few miles ftom the free way
I would think thay it is a great place for families also with geat pool and activities

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review as a traveler on business! Arrowwood is a great place to stay for business! We are located close to town and area businesses and it's a great place to meet local business people!

Thank you again for the super review!
Owatonna, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a poorly managed hotel. Unbelievably DIrty. I was here for a Student Council convention and I arrived past check in time and all rooms were dirty! So i had to wait for a room. From there i was directed to a dirty room with a wrapper in my sheets junk on the floor , toilet was dirty and hair in my tub. I called housekeeping and their nonverbals killed me, they seemd annoyed that i wanted a cleqn room. After they left the room was still dity. Dusty smelly hot mess. I was offered no comp and will not return. Please avoid this hotel. Hotel Impossible pleaae come here! Excuses wont fix this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Teguzco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My immediate reaction when entering our single-king room was "Too many pillows!" Really, there were 6 bed pillows and 3 enormous throw pillows on the bed, leaving little room for the two of us.

The good news: the bed was clean, well made up, and extremely comfortable: firm enough to keep me from rolling to the middle, but soft enough to allow me to truly relax. The HD television had more than enough options, each side of the bed was equipped with lighting adequate for reading but not so bright as to keep my spouse awake. The small balcony gave a nice view across the autumn lake, filled with coots, ducks and geese. The heating/cooling maintained an even temperature with a minimum of noise. The bath was more than adequate, two sinks allowing us each to stake out our own territory.

As with many hotels in recent years, there were signs of deferred maintenance: a few spots where grout and caulk had gone missing in the bath, a window in the sliding glass door which had fogged internally and marred the view, a bit of peeling paint on the window exterior.

The lounge pours a decent glass of house wine and a generous scotch on the rocks, especially at happy hour. The restaraunt, which I will review separately, was a disappointment.

Rooms do not include breakfast and the pricing may lead you to make the short drive into town for that, if you are not a captive (e.g., attending a conference). There are plenty of options.

Room Tip: Mid-week nights are a bargain, if you're traveling for pleasure, only slightly more expensive th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
arrowwoodgm, General Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for the nice review of Arrowwood! I appreciate the positive comments about your room. We appreciate the opportunity to hear our guests feedback as it allows us to constantly improve. I look forward to reading yoru review on the restaurant. I am sorry to read it was a disappointment. We normally receive very positive comments about our food and service. I look forward to visiting with you so we can "make it right!". Thank you again for your review!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The staff: Check in went great, gave us what we needed (1 of the 3 rooms not too far to walk to) they were friendly. The late night person was rude & lacking in people skills (hopefully you won't have to deal with her). All other staff we encountered were very friendly & accommodating.

The rooms: They were good sized with 2 Qs, lots of pillows, plenty of space to toss them on the floor, a little outdated, nice views on lake side (request), a moldy fridge, nice linens, & comfortable beds. Extra counter & sink outside bathroom was great.

The grounds: Well kept, many fun activities (extra $), lakeside, trails, campfire areas, outdoor pool & bar.

Buildings: Indoor waterpark was nice sized and fun for the young & old. We especially enjoyed the big waterslides. We were there for a wedding with the start of the reception on the patio. After wating 10 mins for elevator with no sign of movement, we were told to just walk down the steps. After 3 flights of stairs, a walk beside a splashing pool (in our formal wear), another 2 flights of stairs, we finally found the hot, windy, unshaded open patio. Not the best place for a wedding reception, but nice view. They either neeed more elevators or a big improvement on ones they have. The facility used for the meal was fine minus the flight of stairs to go to the mens bathroom.

The food: The wedding meal was very good. We did not eat the breakfast.

Overall they had alot to offer if you want to pay the price. Don't know of anything comparable close by. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor lakeside
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
arrowwoodgm, Manager at Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your very nice review of Arrowwood Resort! I'm happy you enjoyed the wedding you attended, your room, the grounds, activities, campfires, and outdoor pool and the Deck Bar and Grill. I would like to apologize for the late night person you encountered who was rude, I have addressed this issue! I'm glad the rest of the staff you encountered were very friendly and accommodating. We look forward to you returning to Arrowwood Resort again in the future!

Been to Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!