“Decent place, great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Alexandria

You added Super 8 Alexandria to your Saves list
Super 8 Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4620 Hwy 29 S, I-94 @ Hwy 29, Alexandria, MN 56308-2911   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alexandria
Minnesota
“Decent place, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Liked the fact that with two teens, I could get two rooms for the price of one at a higher end hotel. This was fine, 'cause we were out late and just needed to crash. Room was very clean. I was pleasantly surprised how quiet the hotel was! Staff was nice. I liked how they welcomed dogs, and even had a walking trail out back for doo-doo business. Only complaint - there was a fairly strong hint of cigarette smoke odor in the hallways. Not in our non-smoking room, though.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

This was the second Super 8 that we stayed at on our cross country trip. very friendly staff and very clean motel. They had ample parking. i would recommend this motel

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

We were traveling across the state to a wedding in ND and needed to stop for the night. We had stayed at this hotel before about 5 years prior so we thought we would try it again. (We had liked it before.)

I had previously made reservations and prepaid for my room on the internet. I left a note that said we would be arriving after 8pm. We got a later start that anticipated and arrived at 11pm. We got the very last room. We have had trouble in the past with hotels in MN double booking. It seems like they fill up very quickly on the weekend. Book early. Confirm often! We had a king room with a recliner/fridge/micro/coffee pot. The bed was a little springy. Even though Super 8 is updating their look with new signs the decore is still dated (mauve and flowers have been out for a while). The bathroom was nice. The showerhead and curved shower curtain was a plus.

The desk staff were helpful and friendly. Overall, compared to the prices of other hotels, Super 8 is still a good value for a quick night stay. A little worn ...but clean and friendly.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

I checked into this hotel late at night 11p.m. I didn't have to wait for the front desk and I was in my room within 10 minutes. The room has a refrigerator and is exceptionally clean. Staff is great! I will use again if I stop by that way.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mineral Point, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2005

This Super 8 met my expectations. Friendly and helpful staff, acceptable clean rooms, and good value. A nice addition would be high speed internet.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Alexandria? Share your experiences!