“Would return to this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Alexandria

You added Super 8 Alexandria to your Saves list
Super 8 Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4620 Hwy 29 S, I-94 @ Hwy 29, Alexandria, MN 56308-2911   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alexandria
Sparta, Tennessee
“Would return to this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Its the average hotel. Some maids had attitudes but ladies at the front desk I enjoyed them much they made me and my kids feel so welcomed. . I had no issues with anything the walls are really thin so you do hear everything but I didnt mind because I have kids im use to noise. . Overall it was a pretty great stay we stayed 4 nights. .

• Stayed February 2014
Deborah K, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank You for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. However it is always unpleasant when I read something negative regarding my team. Customer service is our top priority so my apologies to you.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the area.

Deb Kramer, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I'll start by saying the staff was great, very friendly. But the room was not very clean. Some sticky stuff on the carpet, muck behind the bathroom door, some unidentified substance splashed and dried on the wall and a couple of hairs left in the tub. Just not up to what I expect a good motel to be. The walls seemed to be paper thin and we heard lots of noise up until at least 11 and then again starting at 5 am. The beds were not very comfortable either. We had a very restless night. The breakfast was fine (included cereal, pastry, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, breads, juices, coffee) and the breakfast area was clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Deborah K, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank You for responding to Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us.

I apopogize for your room not being up to our standards. It was very disheartening to read your comments about the condition of your room. I enjoy having my team read our reviews and you can be sure this one in particular was reviewed with our housekeepers.

In the future please do not hesitate to request a different room or call the Front Desk so we have the opportunity to make things right.

Again I want to Thank You for your review and for staying with us.

Sincerley,
Stonewall Manitoba Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

It was minus 50 with a wind chill so we were glad to stop at such a friendly warm spot.
Hot soup waiting for us, even!
Room was aok, and the breakfast just fine. Will stay again!
Staff were friendly and the location was convenient to other services like shopping, gas stations and close to the Interstate. Internet worked fine as well.

Room Tip: We had a small dog, so get a ground floor, near the door.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Decatur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Ok for price, nothing fancy. Breakfast is a joke after staying at many other hotels. Rooms were real plain. I won't stay again for a week. I will stay at Country Inn & Suites for that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Deborah K, General Manager at Super 8 Alexandria, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank You for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologize it was unstaisfactory and did not meet your standards.

Our breakfast, which consists of: 2 types of cold cereal, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, assorted instant oatmeal, orange and apple juice, milk, frozen Eggo waffles, wheat and white bread, jelly, butter, hot chocolate, tea and coffee, is what is mandated from Wyndham Super 8. We are not to have anything more or less. We are not a 5 star hotel otherwise we would probably have a hot breakfast.

Thank You again for your feedback.

Bismarck
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The price was very reasonable, since we were only in the room to sleep, and left by 6:00 am the next day. We were celebrating Christmas in Alexandria and needed a room to sleep. Everything was great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank You for your review regarding your stay with us at the Alexandria Super 8.

It is always a pleasure to know our guests enjoyed their stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the furure.

Deb Kramer, GM

Been to Super 8 Alexandria? Share your experiences!