I travel a great deal, and run into all kinds of people and places
The Hoilday Inn in Alexandria is an older facility, but it's well maintained and has an outstanding staff to assist you.
I drove in late at night during a snowstorm, and was greeted warmly and quickly taken care of. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. If I had a complaint, it would be that the bathroom was very small.
The pool area needed straightening with towels and trash around. The sauna was a welcome space, but was old and not very clean looking.
Rudy's restaurant was a distinct pleasure with good food and libations.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay at a reasonable price.
BTW - it is located directly off the interstate, and there are plenty of fine and fast food restaurants surrounding as well as a Walmart and Office Max, for the business traveler, right across the interstate...
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Hotel
- Alexandria Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome!The Holiday Inn Alexandria offers a casual resort like atmosphere and is conveniently located at the intersection of I-94 and Hwy 29 South. Our unique setting makes us the ideal destination for the business traveler as well as those looking for a relaxing getaway. We also offer meeting accommodations for up to 400 people.The beautiful community of Alexandria, MN features a landscape lavish with lakes and offers a variety of outdoor activities. The Holiday Inn Alexandria is near several local attractions, golf courses and a stroll through our beautiful downtown is always a treat. Attractions near the hotel include: Carlos Creek Winery, Casey's Amusement Park, Viking Speedway, Runestone Museum, Maritime Museum, Andes Tower Hill with skiing and tubing, 500 miles of snowmobile trails, and a variety of unique Antique Shops. Brought the kids? We offer a large indoor recreation area which includes a swimming pool, whirlpool, wading pool, sauna, fitness center, game room, volleyball court, basketball hoop, hockey nets, pool table, and ping pong.Hard day at work or play? After you ve had a chance to settle into your newly renovated room, join us in Rudy s Redeye Grill; conveniently located inside the hotel, for classic American fare in an Old Chicago style setting. Rudy s has the best steaks in town as well as fabulous sandwiches and pizza.We look forward to your stay here at the Holiday Inn Alexandria where it is always our pleasure to serve you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.