“Comfort Food at it's finest” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Restaurants in Albertville
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Dessert, Family Fare
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Made from Scratch. All Day. Emma’s Way! At Emma Krumbee’s Restaurant, we start each day early at 6AM with hot brewed coffee and fresh-from-the-oven breads, cinnamon rolls, our signature pecan caramel croissants, and flavor-filled muffins. Enjoy one of our hot, hearty breakfasts and you’ll be back for more!We make all of our own soups and gravies from scratch. Then we time it just right to get our turkey, beef roast, ribs and hams in the oven – slow roasting them to perfection. Potatoes are peeled, cooked, and then mashed. No shortcuts here! Don’t forget dessert! Our orchard fresh apples and seasonal berries are harvested at Emma Krumbee’s Apple Orchard and Farm in Belle Plaine and baked fresh into pies, fruit crisps, dessert bars, pastries, and more. The sweet treats are served at the Restaurant and are available from our Bakery to take home and enjoy with friends and family.
“Comfort Food at it's finest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We met friends last night and enjoyed the experience.

They ran out of Prime Rib Special and only had 1 left, so two of us had to change our order. Luckily, we always have a second choice available.

Food was good and had a great time with friends. The atmosphere is country and relaxed, reminds me of a Cracker Barrel.

Waitress was very engaged. Thank you

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Keep Going Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We travel 94 every week and try to stop at Emma Krumbees as often as possible. We always get great service and real down home cooking and very reasonable pricing. We recommend this place to all our friends and no one has been disappointed. Really appreciate how accomadating they are with children

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ramsey, Minnesota, United States
“Mystery Special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

First visit to this EK's in Albertville, intrigued by a special in a mail circular for "Endless Soup, Salad and Bread for $5.99." I'd eaten at an EK's once before, many years ago, south of the Minneapolis area, but hadn't been especially impressed. My dining partner (BP) and I were going to the Albertville Outlet Mall, anyway, so we gave it a shot. We reviewed the menu and found several lunch specials, but not the one mentioned above. BP opted for a fish offering, anyway, but I asked about the "Endless Soup, Salad and Bread" I'd seen advertised elsewhere. The server responded, "Any lunch specials would be listed on the list in the menu." After I stated I had the mailing in my vehicle, she said she'd check with the kitchen, then returned, reporting this was, indeed a special, "It just isn't on the menu." Despite the hassle of having to "negotiate" for the advertised special, it was worth the effort. The cabbage and ham soup was wonderful, not overly salty and tasted truly homemade. The salad was simple, but consisted of a pleasant and healthful blend of romaine, spinach, tomato, cucumber, some shaved carrot and croutons, which I pushed aside, and a very nice balsamic vinagarette. The server explained they didn't have any of the bread prepared, but brought out dinner rolls which were satisfactory -- I was more concerned with the soup and salad, anyway. She gave me ample opportunity to request more soup or salad, and I did request a small cup of the other soup offered today, chicken and dumpling. The cabbage and ham proved, by far, the superior choice -- nuff said. I asked BP how he enjoyed his meal. His comment. "I'd rather eat somewhere else before or after going to the outlet mall in the future. It wasn't bad, but it's not a destination restaurant. As for me, the pendulum comes down to the server (and hostess). While each performed their duties, a smile makes such a difference -- and neither seemed able to muster just one. PS: As I was waiting for the check, I noted the dust on the room dividing wall, then looked up to see air vents caked with dirt and dust that must be falling directly onto the tables...

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phil M, Owner at Emma Krumbee's, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hello Rod. We are definitely glad that you did negotiate for the special as it is an amazing value! We are glad that you enjoyed your soup and salad as well. We are disappointed to learn that your dining partner was not completely happy. We hope that you will return in the future to try some of the other items on the menu to allow yourselves to enjoy the full taste and flavor that our choices offer! Best, Mary Elliot (General Manager)
GRAND FORKS
“Watch the Daily Specials”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Arrived around 7.00 pm on a Tuesday night. Asked if they were closing as there was very few customers in the restaurant and they were washing the floors. We ordered from the daily specials menu and were promptly waited on and served. Ordered a turkey salad sandwich and chicken dinner. The bread on the sandwich was terrible dry and the turkey consisted of mostly dark meat. The chicken and the bun that came with the dinner were also very dry. I assume some of this is a result of ordering the daily specials so late in the day. Server checked on us soon after the food was delivered but then focused on changing channels on the TV behind the bar. Server adjusted the bill for the sandwich and apologized for the dry bread. We have eaten here before and always had good food in the past.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Phil M, General Manager at Emma Krumbee's, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hi. We are disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy the food during your last visit! I will be sure to make adjustments to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review to allow us the ability to correct this mistake. We encourage you to swing back in again sometime soon as we want to impress you as we should have with your previous visit. Thanks again. Best, Mary Elliot (General Manager)
North Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Be sure to stop at Emma Krumbee's. The food is wholesome - the pot roast was outstanding, and the atmosphere is very family friendly. The pie and pastry selection is superb. Couldn't leave without some.

Visited September 2013
Phil M, General Manager at Emma Krumbee's, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hi Kristal! Thank you for your awesome review. We love to see the enthusiasm that you have for our delicious menu items like the pot roast! We look forward to seeing you again soon for some more pie and pastries. Have a wonderful day. Best, Mary Elliot (General Manager)