“No-Tell-Motel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilltop Inn and Suites

Hilltop Inn and Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albert Lea
Hilltop Inn and Suites
Save Saved
You added Hilltop Inn and Suites to your Saves list
700 Highway 69 South, Albert Lea, MN 56007 (Formerly Bel Aire Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Albert Lea
Wisconsin
“No-Tell-Motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

For $40 a night you don't expect much. We stayed here while on a motorcycle trip. Upon check in the night clerk told us the rooms had all been redone. Wow is all I can say. My room was horrible. only thing I can say was the a/c worked well and the bed was comfy. But this place needs a bulldozer, and quick.

Room Tip: keep looking, don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Quebec City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Discuting, terrible smell, ratz Dropping under the bed, spot of urine on the sheet. Do not take a room there

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

I am not that particular when it comes to lodging for an overnight stay. All I ask is that is clean and comfortable. The Bel Aire Motor Lodge is NOT! The person at the front desk did not understand much english ,and I am not bilingual. Well, we managed. My room, while reasonably priced was disgusting. To my horror, there were dried bloody boogers on the wall in plain sight! Someone had used the TV remote holder for an ash tray. All along the wallboards and in the corners was some substance that resembled dust mixed with a sticky residue. I am not a complianer, but back to the office. The door is locked. I ring the bell, no one comes. UUgghh!! Had plans for the night so was pressed for time-went back to the room and held back my vomit.
Went to my engagement, back late. Crashed for awhile. Morning I went to the office where the had a sign free coffe and doughnuts (just wanted coffee) The office AGAIN locked. It is 9 AM. Ring bell many times. Finally a foreign woman comes to the door in pajamas and gets me coffee (not very willingly) Got the heck out of there as soon as possible. Never again!

• Liked — not a thing
  • Disliked — terrible service, not clean
  • Tips/Secrets — be very careful when reserving a room at a small, discount motel
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

I will not be returning to stay at the Bel Aire Motor Inn and I will be sure to tell others not to stay either. I made reservations about a month and a half before I was going to be visiting Albert Lea. They did not charge the same that they quoted over the phone, they charged more. They are using old business cards that say they take AAA, etc. They don't and haven't for over a year. The first room they gave us was full of mildew and not clean. We requested another room which wasn't a lot better. The only reason we stayed there was becuase all the other hotels were full. Needless to say, I was not impressed with their facility.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2003

The Bel Aire is the best inexpensive motel I have ever stayed in; clean, quiet, and thoroughly comfortable and cheerful. The art on the walls is good (that's a rarity even in expensive motels) and the feeling of the place is that it has been cared for, not slapped together. Highly recommended.

Been to Hilltop Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!