“Nice Hotel, Hefty Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   821 East Plaza Street, Exit 157 Off I-90, Albert Lea, MN 56007   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Albert Lea
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Quincy, Illinois
“Nice Hotel, Hefty Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel in August of 2014. We stayed in a double Queen and had a rollaway bed as well. The room was large enough to accomodate the rollaway and we still had room to walk about freely which was nice. The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. There was a Keurig coffee maker provided. We had five people in our room; the quantity of toiletries seemed skimpy as there was one small shampoo, one small conditioner, one small lotion and two bars of soap.
I have stayed in Best Westerns many times and typically avoid the hotel if it is not a PLUS or better. This hotel was listed as the #1 of all the hotels in the Albert Lea area, which I guess is the reason for the unusually high price of $150. There is a Harley Davidson store just to the East next to the hotel. So it does get loud from time to time especially if you have a front facing room as opposed to the rooms on the backside of the hotel which face the highway.
The breakfast was good and met our expectations. The staff was generally very friendly with one exception of a very rude young man who was working the front desk in the evening, he spoke to us without looking up and appeared to be too busy to provide any type of courteous service. He was not wearing a name badge which may have been on purpose since I do not think he should be in the HOSPITALITY business with such a crappy attitude.
All in all this hotel was very good and we would stay again if ever back in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Northeast side are more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Amy L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I am very sorry for the ungrateful service you were given by my night receptionist. This is not the way we like to do business and we will be talking to the staff member that presented you with non professionalism. We are very glad you like the hotel over all. We look forward to see you again on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clovis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great place to stay when in the area. We were just passing through and decided it was time to get some rest! I called ahead and the Front desk was pleasant and helpful. Room clean and roomy. I thought the pool was a little chilly...but we are Californian's and used to warm, LOL

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Amy L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Best Western PLUS of Albert Lea. We are very sorry the pool was cold we will check it out to make sure there sis nothing wrong with anything.
Rahway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

we have stayed here on our way to Sturgis for the last 3 years we have stayed here because it is very ,clean,affordable, has a large parking lot that easily accommodates our truck and bike trailer. they has a pleasant staff, easy access to highway & next to a great Harley Davidson dealer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank You Bike Riders! We are very happy to see your friendly faces again. We are glad you made the trip out to the dakotas again to see the beautiful scenery. We will hope to see you again next year.
Albert Lea, MN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Very nice hotel and would definitely return. The location is good and the staff treat you well. Good breakfast and internet is easy to get on. Clean rooms that are comfortable and set up well. The shower has a good spray and the bathroom vanity is large enough for your needs. Good coffee too!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Amy L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us your review is greatly appreciated.
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Easy off and on. Clean and attentive staff. Be sure if you have time, drive into town and circle the lake, nice homes. Breakfast was good with do it yourself waffles.

Good lighted parking, felt safe.

Stayed July 2014
I am very glad you shared your story for other Trip Advisor fans to view. The beauty of our hotel goes with the gorgeous town Albert Lea is. Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy you were pleased with our hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here on way to Glacier National Park and Yellowstone, very nice room, comfortable bed, breakfast was one of the best we've had, the only negative was there was a school Baseball tournament that weekend so the price was high but that's something that at times are unavoidable, I would stay there again most likely!

Stayed July 2014
Amy L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We absolutely enjoyed you staying with us. I am very pleased you liked our facility. Thank you for understanding the cost of the room. In our summer season our rates are always set higher especially on weekends.
Oak Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My family (4 kids and 2 adults) stopped here late one night (12:30 am). The hotel was clean, fit us all (one room, two beds) and was quite. The breakfast in the morning was decent, well stocked and the ladies working it kept the area clean. Great place to stop over on a long trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Amy L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for reviewing out hotel. Please come back and see us again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel? Share your experiences!