“They have fully remodeled the rooms & changed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Hotel

You added Heritage Hotel to your Saves list
Heritage Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 East Main Street, Albert Lea, MN 56007 (Formerly Hotel Midwestern)   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Albert Lea
Cairo, New York
“They have fully remodeled the rooms & changed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

Rooms are very clean, remodeled, and beautiful. The beds and pillows are so comfortable, obvious that everything is new. The rooms are very spacious too with 40 inch flat scream televisions. The staff are always so helpful and kind.

Room Tip: rooms are remodeled, and beautiful
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

Sadly my review is like many others. We have stayed here in the past and decided to give it one last try. Many years ago our first time here was great. Then it slowly went from good to bad and now really bad. When we went to check in we couldn't find anyone. Found the lady that was working outside cleaning the rims of her truck. Yup, that happened. Then when she was finally willing to help my husband I got brushed off. Um I'm the one trying to check in you can acknowledge me! Then once she finally got us into our room it wasn't even what I booked. And the room was dirty and didn't have a remote. When I called the desk she told me to come get one myself. OK, sounds great. I get to the desk and it takes 5 minutes before she even says anything to me because she was too busy watching TV. So lesson learned. Never again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Absolutely horrible. We did not stay or go past the lobby. Needs to be shut down. No one at the desk, waited ten minutes because we had made reservation online and wanted refund when we saw the place. Dirty, empty, would never return or recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
Castle Rock, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This place is like the Shining Hotel in Colorado a Dump. There is no heat, no t.v, cockroaches and no breakfast. This place is advertised as having nothing. The ceilings were caving in over the elevators, Nichol was very rude as a manager, and mushrooms were growing out of the closet in my room. Do not stay here. Needs to be bulldozed!

Room Tip: Carrie Blake was awesome!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here many times and experienced this motel going from OK to horrible. This time was the last time I will ever stay here. The room was actually dirty. The floor had not been vacuumed, the bathroom was not clean, there were no washcloths, the towels were not clean, there were no lights on in the pool area, the breakfast (which at one time was at their restaurant) was barely a continental breakfast.The motel had a musty smell. Another family who checked in when we did, turned around and left. Wish I had.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kansas, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

rooms are dirty they have no air con in when I stayed there they got there lights turned off so just an all out bad place to stay This was the second (and last) time that we've stayed at a , and we never will again. This property was run down, the floor in the room was dirty, and it was clear it hadn't been vacuumed any time recently. There were no towels in the room, and I had to go get them from the front desk. The door to the back parking lot would not lock properly and there were lots of non-guests hanging around the parking lot, smoking and talking. Worst of all was the 18 month old son of the night clerk running through the halls, screeching at the top of his lungs because he liked the sound of his echoing off the marble floors. This went on for over an hour and a half, despite complaints from myself and other guests. Never again. « less

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

It is listed as ‘100% smoke free’, but the entire place smelled like an ashtray. Saw area that was for Continental Breakfast, it was 3 card tables set up, nothing like the photos online. The A/C in the room clanged like pots & pans being beaten. There were bags of garbage sitting in front of all the doors, cups and garbage on the floor of the room, sheets looked unmade, room stank of smoke, carpets filthy. Side doors didn’t work, could only use the main entrance. Just couldn’t in good conscience stay with my minor child.

Even though we had prepaid through a travel site, we went across the street and paid again for a different hotel.

Room Tip: RESEARCH all sites before choosing a hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!