“This place is terrible.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Midwestern

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Midwestern to your Saves list
Hotel Midwestern
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 E Main Street, Off I-35 And I-90, Albert Lea, MN 56007 (Formerly Knights Inn Albert Lea)   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Albert Lea
Austin, Texas
“This place is terrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

My family and I make a trip back to southern Minnesota every late January. We all grew up here, but now everyone left the area for college and warmer climate. We booked this place online and omg this place is terrible. They overbooked our meeting room and they have to "warm up" the one we are going into as a replacement. Are you kidding? Why is the heat not on all the time? If you're hurting that much to have to turn heat off then just sell the place. Wow. Oh, and the toilet seat slaps you on the back when you're using that bathroom. That's really cute, too.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

After seven tries we acheived access into a room. The issue was locks not working with key card. Then, in the room there were holes in ceiling and walls from remodel project. Shower ceiling tiles fell when my 11 year old granddaughter was showering. Good thing she looked up when rinsing shampoo from her hair! Barely got out of the way! Hot tub was a distrubing shade of brown. Pool was littered with water toys, beer caps, papers and a serious clogged drain on pool decked that allowed for a very unsafe puddle to form. This was our second time staying at this hotel. First time,September 2012, the hotel was adequate. The room we were giving should have never been rented out. I won't even mention the carcasses of dead bugs in common areas. At least, they were DEAD!! An inspector needs to close this hotel before someone gets seriously hurt!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

the sign needs to be changed so people don't give up trying to find it and go elsewhere. the sign is still knights inn. they are still renovating so things were not like the "hilton" but we only paid $40/ night. beds comfortable, staff very friendly and helpful, if you want your beds made every day, let them know, as they don't do it. maybe needing to save money in that area. would stay there again. they are working on the fans in the bathrooms and the thermostats in the rooms. they supplied us with a fridge and a microwave for our 3 day stay. wifi in the rooms too.

Room Tip: this hotel has recently changed ownership and is in the middle of renovating, so there are still thi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Albert Lea, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this motel. The staff was very enjoyable and nice. They are in the middle of many updates. The thing that sticks out the most is the friendly staff they were great. I would stay here again and i plan to stay here everytime i come to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was every nice and the front desk staff was ever helpful to me getting to my room .the room was clean and the pool was ever nice.I wood stay agine and wood have my friends stay at the knights inn

• Stayed September 2012
jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel has name issues with at least 3 names given to me when trying to find It on sat nav, the reception were friendly and apologised for name issue, the lobby area was clean as was my roo m On the ground floor, it was quiet. The pool was nit clean though it was greenish in colour and the breakfast was terrible, the food was processed rubbish as was the juice, the hotel is ideal for a overnight sleep only

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Newport, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I were traveling on business; came here looking for a Days Inn. We learned it was now a Knights Inn, after going through many different names. The lobby was immaculate with polished marble floors, statues etc. The rooms were totally different. The first room had blood on the sheets. We were moved to another room with clean sheets however the room was ill-kept. We were told Wi-Fi worked but the fax did not. Turns out neither did the internet.
This was a nice place in its day. That has long since passed. I would describe it as a low budget motel with a nice lobby. I would not recommend this place nor will we be back.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Midwestern? Share your experiences!