“Reminds me of a true diner.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 45 Restaurants in Albert Lea
Cuisines: American
Olathe, Kansas
“Reminds me of a true diner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

While spending the night in Albert Lea my wife and I were looking for some dinner.
We came across The Trumbles and thought we would give it a try. When on vacation we try to
give the mom and pop places our business as much as possible. As you walk in the door there is a rotating pie safe so you can view desert up close and personal for later. The place was clean
bright as we sat down. I had the chicken fried steak and my wife had the chicken tender melt sandwich. Both meals were good along with the service. Time for pie! They had kinds of pie I had never heard of. I setteled on a piece of pecan which was great. I would recomend
Trumbles to anyone when you are in the Albert Lea area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clarks Grove, Minnesota
“Great desserts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Locally owned and operated--the restaurant is a good place for "cafe" food--not "fine dining"--but well-prepared cafe food. They are justifyably famous for their desserts--especially their pies!

Visited August 2012
Renton, Washington
“We certainly enjoyed it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We usually come here when we are in town, which is annually. This time the service and food was even better. Staff waitpeople were exceptional and the food was all very good: we had breakfast, and sat and drank coffee with our friend for a long time. My husband and our friend had omelets and I had eggs benedict. We will return next time too. We like the family owned restaurant atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southern California
“Pretty Good Food at Pretty Good Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We thought we were just passing through, but during our meal decided to spend the night in Albert Lea, Minnesota. We decided to give this place a try because we get tired of chain restaurants and this restaurant was pretty good. I wasn't starving, so I ordered mozzarella sticks and a root beer float. My husband ordered some kind of fish platter (walleye, I think), which also came with a salad and cornbread. My mozzarella sticks tasted fine as did my root beer float. I tasted my husband's fish and it was okay, too. He ordered an ice cream sundae for dessert and he seemed to like it a lot. It had chocolate and caramel; I think it was a turtle sundae. All in all, the food and service were good, but I wouldn't say exceptional.

• Visited August 2012