“Better expirence ” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Albert Lea
El Centro Ca
“Better expirence ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

I have stayed here many times over the last 5 years as a pilot car. In May I stayed and the new manager would not give us a room we wanted. She was rude. I called the owner and he looked into it. He called me recently and said there was new management. I stayed last week and was given room in building i liked. Scott and Virginia were very nice and accommodating. Will go back

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife didn't wish to pay for a Regular motel so we ended up in this place. It has to rang has one of the direst places I've been since Nam. Paint chipping, mold or stains on the wall heater. Soup and shampoo from China, carpet coming up. It's the kind of place that you lock the door and then bolt it. Makes you remember why you love camping. Would I stay there again ....NO .
My wife had carried with her sheets of bounce or some kind to place under the mattress and around the room to hopefully avoid creatures of the night.

Room Tip: don't stop
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were weary travelers on a budget. At 2 am on the road hotels are hard to come by. We were ecstatic when there was a room open in Albert Lea, with a king bed to boot! Boy were we sorry. The room didn't seem so bad at night. We hopped into bed and soon were in dreamland. Oh how things were different in the light of day. There were holes in the sheets, mold in the tub, left over soap from the last guest and the towels were not clean. That is the worst feeling. You get all clean and then rub yourself down with a dirty towel. Would not recommend unless you were desperate like us.

• Stayed June 2014
Elmira, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The sheets were clean and the mattress was comfortable but that is the only positive I can think of. The periferary of the room was dirty, the carpet wrinkled and stained and ...burn hole? The room smelled badly of stale smoke despite being assured it was a no smoking room. Cigarette burns in the comforter, only one washcloth, no ice bucket- was told there should be one in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
El Centro Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My name is Victoria. I am a oversize pilot car for wind energy. For 5 years been staying here. One project almost 2 months. The previous manager and staff were great. Always accommodating. Had same room in inside building. Was there Monday night. The new "property manager" would not give us room in building we like. She put us in outside build in a dump. I asked to be moved. She said nothing was available except a room with 2 queens. The rate would go from 45.00 to 70.00. Every room in building we like was empty. Our rate was always the same. This Room had bugs smashed on walls, carpet filthy, nasty bed. The mini fridge was on floor under sink vanity, dented. AC unit falling apart. She said it was newly remodeled! Joke, I guess new paint is remodeled. Had to use our own blanket. She lost our business and I will spread the word to other pilot cars. She needs lesson in customer service. Owner lives out of state. He needs to get involved.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

When we booked the room on the website it was supposed to be a room with 2 queen beds. When we got there, the room was tiny With only 1 bed. The remote for the TV didn't work. There was dirt and hair along all the heat vents and baseboards. Plus when checking in they had the wrong credit card information that was used to reserve and prepay for the room so was told they would reverse the charges (was supposed to be nonrefundable so are waiting to find out if it was or if we are going to be charged twice for this bad experience). Overall we will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I booked a hotwire.com hot deal for a 3 star hotel and got this dump. I paid $93 for two night non refundable. I was immediately regretting my purchase. We got to the hotel and the last checking us in was wearing a dirty tank top short shorts and no shoes. The lobby smelled and was outdated. We got our room key and tried to get in. The key and key hole were difficult to open. Once we got it open the room was small and dirty. Looks like it was from the 60's or 70's and has not been update. The bathroom was dirty as well and the bed looked like it was sagging in the middle. We turned around and locked the door and dropped off our keys in the lobby and went and stayed at the AmericInn in town. Talking with some locals later we found out that two pedophiles list the countryside inn as their permanent residence. I would not recommend this place

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Countryside Inn? Share your experiences!