“Wonderful service and cheap” 4 of 5 stars

You added Countryside Inn to your Saves list
Countryside Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2102 E. Main St., Albert Lea, MN 56007   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Albert Lea
“Wonderful service and cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We been staying here for a bit and have had no problem!!! The manager has been very helpful! We were first in the smallest room but once my husband started bringing in extra money she had no problem moving us to alot bigger room. The price is very affordable! And everyone is so friendly and sweet especially with our kids! Theres no pool but thats ok cause theres plenty to do in town. Housekeeping is very friendly and made sure we always have towels and what not.

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We got stranded in an unusual snow storm. I am in a wheelchair and our car was buried in the parking lot in a couple feet of snow. The female manager (Heather) worked with my wife and another man for 20-25 minutes shoveling our car out before we could continue our travels. Well beyond the duties of the hotel Mgr. In years past in a rainstorm the have come to the restaurant nearby to bring me back nice and dry. We have stayed at this hotel for years and they have always experienced great service from the staff..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Saco, Maine, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed at this location because we were sick and the price was in our range. Thought it was cute till we got into the room. The floor wasn't vacuumed, the furniture was all broken (had to eat dinner on the bed), most of the fixtures were damaged, and everything was dusty. Little did I know the worst was to come. Hopped into the shower and found the bottom of the shower curtain (which is white) was completely brown! Breakfast was a joke. Coffee and tiny rolls they picked up at Walmart the day before. Usually I don't believe reviews too much because most people only post if they had a bad experience but I am posting so you don't have a bad experience. The price is very tempting but seriously spend your money elsewhere. I wish I did

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

One of the most disgusting experiences I've had to endure. All that was missing were the bugs. The condition of this room was far below acceptable. Unclean and dingy, dark bedroom, dirty sink area, faucets which barely worked - I was afraid to turn on the air conditioner since it was filthy - eww - eww. Never again. Spend a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

We use AAA tour book to help us select motels What a shock to see what a two red diamond rating got us. The carpet was gross mildew on the tile in the bath caulking was black sheets were threadbare had to ask for ice bucket security locks were questionable.....I could go on but I think I've made my point. Certainly not worth the $66 the room cost. The extra morning guest (BIG BUG) in shower was the last straw. Do yourself a favor and find another room. I plan to contact AAA and question their rating

• Stayed September 2010
upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

If all you want is a bed for the night in a clean room at a reasonable price, this place could do it. It's an older motel, not updated recently and the decor and fixtures reflect that. The towels were soft, not sandpapery as in some cheap places, sometimes including moderately-priced national chains. The refrigerator in the room is a bonus for travelers, and the continental breakfast has more than donuts. If you want more and will pay for it, the Country Inn and Suites is down the road.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Midwest, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I am thoroughly confused by the other reviews for this poor, cheap & old roadside motel. There is a Country Side Inn & Suites in this area, so I am guessing that maybe they wrote up the wrong place, meaning the nice chain instead of here...! Our entire experience has been terrible. We booked this property with Hotwire.com, which usually we do well with. This property was rated 3 stars for them - i.e. the same as a Holiday Inn, etc.... WRONG. It is a shabby little "no-tell motel". We were sorely disappointed by the appearance of this place when we arrived, and questioned why on earth we would be paying $44 + tax, only to receive upon check-in had a ration of complaints from the desk woman about how the price we paid is too low, who authorized this, blah blah blah... She proceeded to call Hotwire and complain right in front of me! Unbelievable. I would have taken the phone from her and asked Hotwire to rebook me somewhere else, but we were so travel fatigued.... Finally I get the room key, then ask where we can park and the desk lady & boyfriend give us a hard time about our truck and small trailer, telling us there's nowhere to park, and we'd have to just leave it on the frontage road...?! We are checking out first thing tomorrow, and will certainly write up a review for the Hotwire survey too - there is no way this is a 3-star property, this is a 1-star if you're feeling generous. Another person checking in after us paid $69 for his room as the "lowest" AAA rate - beware!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Countryside Inn? Share your experiences!