“Nice room, small bathroom, very noisy” 4 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Albert Lea
811 E. Plaza St, Albert Lea, MN 56007   |
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Albert Lea
Minnesota, US
“Nice room, small bathroom, very noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights, when we checked we asked for a special rate we had been receiving due to multiple corporate stays, they informed us that they could not give us the rate this time because of remodeling going on upstairs. Not a big deal, but the lady at the front desk was somewhat rude about, being loyal customers a bit of disappointment.
The rooms are well furnished and the cleaning staff does a great job. The room has a nice tv also and comfortable beds and bedding.
The bathrooms are really small, and I am really skinny, you have to practically squeeze between the toilet and tub to close the door behind you. The bathrooms were clean but could use a bit more TLC.
My biggest complaint was the noise, I understand they are remodeling the upstairs room but as i was laying in bed relaxing at 9pm (yes 9 at night) I began to hear loud drilling, pounding and moving of furniture of upstairs, it last for a good 20 minutes or so...I understand they are remodeling, but the fact they are renting rooms downstairs you would think they would limit remodeling hours to something like 9-5.
The breakfast layout was good, close to great, lots of selections and good warm food.
All in all a good place to stay, maybe just wait till the remodel is done.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Room price was an excellent value. We found the room was clean room and the beds comfortable. Bathroom was small but functional. The best part was the great breakfast. Close to freeway and other businesses. Staff was very helpful. We have stayed at other AmericInns and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
Austin, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I recently took our family to this hotel after leaving the AmericInn in Austin and had a great time! We were welcomed by a very friendly front desk person (who was not out smoking like at the AmericInn in Austin) and stayed in a very nice, very clean room. We used the pool most of the night with another very nice family and we had a very nice enjoyable stay. We left the next morning after having a great free continental breakfast. I would definately reccomend this hotel to anybody looking for a really nice place to stay. Night and day difference. I hope to stay again soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I would definitely stay at this property again if in Albert Lea. The staff that checked us in was very friendly and gave us a great recommendation for a restaurant in town. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the free continental breakfast was sufficient. It was quite consistent with almost every other Americinn that we've stayed at in the past. Consistency is very good and we knew what to expect. Very close to shopping, the freeway and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cold Spring, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip in October and because of that stay, here I am again in November. Great service, great room! Very clean and a wonderful shower . Just a few reasons why I made sure I came back!

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love staying at AmericInn when I travel. I have had very good luck with them so far, and the AmericInn in Albert Lea is no exception. My wife and I stayed there on our way to Fargo, North Dakota and enjoyed it so much that I booked another room for our trip back to Illinois. The lady on the desk when we checked in, was very nice, friendly, and polite, as was the lady who checked us out the next morning. They both made us feel welcomed and at home. The room was clean, and that is a big plus. My wife being a retired head housekeeper with another chain always checks over the room as soon as we check in and she was well pleased with our room. So she was happy and that made me happy. We did have a queen bed on our first nights stay and we are use to our king bed at home so we requested a king for the night we stayed there on our way back from North Dakota. The breakfast area was clean and well maintained. Nice selection of breakfast items. Everything was very good. Coffee was good and that made my morning much better also. Yes, I would recommend staying here if you are ever traveling through the area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and it was nice and quit.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cold Spring, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I booked two rooms and both rooms were newly remodeled. Everything was so nice, for an older building they did a great job. The shower was excellent but had a small amount of mold in the corner and the air vent in the bathroom had a lot of dust all over it. But for the price you could not beat it! Also the staff was great with their service and the smell of fresh popcorn made us feel right at home. The wifi connection worked great and very much appreciated. Really it was a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Albert Lea? Share your experiences!