“Not what we were told” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 65

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albert Lea
Motel 65
You added Motel 65 to your Saves list
1611 SE Broadway Ave, Highway 65 S, Albert Lea, MN 56007   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Albert Lea
Kaukauna, Wisconsin, United States
“Not what we were told”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I reserved a non smoking room for a low rate. When I arrived I got a smoking room and was charged $25 dollars more. The owner said that was the best she could do. She told me that was why she had to fire the employee who quoted me. I asked where the park was on there internet page. She said I have know idea. She didn't know of any parks near by. :( The bathroom sink didn't drain and brown stuff came up from the drain. Friends stayed in another room and didn't take a shower because of the mold.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, IL USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Wow, I just may be giving up on Tripadvisor after this experience . . . we stayed at Motel 65 one night on the way home after a family vacation and were looking for something clean and cheap. We've stayed at small mom-and-pop motels before, so we're accustomed to the genre. I saw a 4 out of 5 rating here and figured it would do. I GUESS it was clean, but the sheets were stained -- ours had yellow stains and a large bleach stain on it (where something was bleached out?). My son's had some sort of grey-black "stain" (or dirt mark?) on it. There were also hairs in the bed. Beyond that, it's a shabby little place -- plastic water piping, stained carpets, very slope-y room from years of settling. No fan in the bathroom, but the bldg it backs up to is abandoned anyhow, so there's nobody to see if you just open the window!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Wendy the manager of this little establishment has been VERY accomodating. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Missed a coffee pot though. Other than that the price is right for my extended stay while working here in Albert Lea MN.

Room Tip: For a quality access to the wi-fi ask for a room close to the office.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Balad, Iraq
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

My fiancé and I stayed in Motel 65 while driving cross country for a holiday obligation. We don't look for anything fancy, since we just want to sleep, shower, and use the Internet briefly, but we are picky about general cleanliness. Motel 65 was perfect for us: simple but orderly rooms, wifi of enough quality for video streaming, hot water sufficient for showering, and decent beds. It's also much cheaper than the brand-name hotels that are directly off the interstates (just 1-2 miles away). Be warned, however, the rooms are not large, the water and rooms take awhile to get warm, and don't expect it to look new, renovated, or modern. The low price means you can't have everything.

• Stayed December 2011
Hebron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Very clean,Great price, Good service. Located in a small town setting. Small motel with about 8 or 9 units. If you need directions Wendy is very helpful. The owner owns 3 motels in the area so if theres no room here they will find room for you in one of their other motels. Frig,Micro,a.c. all work great. It was very quiet here. T.V. could be a little bigger but, channel selection was great.

Room Tip: Bring extra pillows
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 7 in Austin
3.5 of 5 stars 43 reviews

Been to Motel 65? Share your experiences!