“An "iffy" situation turned around!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Auburn Hills

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Auburn Hills to your Saves list
Quality Inn Auburn Hills
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1461 North Opdyke Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2652 (Formerly Hampton Inn Detroit/Auburn Hills)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Auburn Hills
Mount Pleasant
“An "iffy" situation turned around!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were in town for the Journey concert at the DTE Theatre. After we had registered, we were relaxing in our room, when we found several items in places that made it obvious the room had not been cleaned thoroughly. After my husband spoke with Naomi from the front desk, he was asked if we would like a different room. The answer was, of course, yes!! She came to our room to speak to both of us, told us the total cost of the room would be comped, and then brought us the key to the new room. After we moved, she then called to see how the new room was working out for us. She handled this distressing time so professionally and promptly, and was so kind. Without her caring attitude and great service, we never would have stayed there again. (I was pretty creeped out!!) If we are in the area again, we wouldn't hesitate to book there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Beverly Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Too bad the hotel is priced right, clean, and has a perfect location. 10 days after my stay, my credit card used at the hotel was used for fraudulent activity. The only time the card was used was for the room. If someone employed by the hotel is willing to steal credit card numbers, who knows the ethics of the employees here?!? Not worth the room rate. Thank goodness the fraud department is on top of things and caught it very early!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here 35 nights each in May and June. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed at for business. They have a great staff. Every one at the hotel is polite, efficient, and always helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet. The business center printer worked for me every time I needed it. Breakfast was fine and always ready by 6 am. Coffee is fresh at 4:15 am when I need it. WiFi is fast. The king size bed rooms have a large L-shaped desk which was great for working, and there are plenty of outlets and lights. The rooms have a refrigerator which was handy. Vending machines have coke and pepsi (on different floors).

I highly recommend it for business travellers.

Room Tip: King size rooms have a bigger desk.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first stay at a Quality Inn. Just like other reviews, a great staff, an extremely clean hotel and reasonably priced...Also included was breakfast which was great, lots of choices...And best of all the room was quiet, no outside noise or noise from other guests.....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Troy D, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Trvctyrich,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review and for choosing to stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate your feedback in regards to the staff and the hotel. We pride ourselves in offering the highest level of customer service and Quality accommodations. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!
Troy D
Northern Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the lady dusting the flag pole, to the gals at the front desk, to the housekeepers in the hall, to the breakfast attendant -- every single person provided us with a genuine friendly greeting. It wasn't simply a 'Good Morning' but rather a truly personalized greeting. These ladies (they were all ladies) were all wonderful!

The room was nice. Unfortunately the smell that first greeted me in the room wasn't the best, but I didn't notice it after a minute or two. And I didn't notice it again when re-entering the room later. The king bed was comfy, the room temperature to my liking, and the chair was nice as well. My daughter and I both appreciate the free WiFi.

Breakfast was good -- loved the blueberry waffle option. Unfortunately they yogurt was empty and the OJ I chose was watered down. I'm sure had I asked for it to be addressed it would have been fixed immediately. I just didn't want to bother the breakfast host as she was restocking many things after the first breakfast rush.

We used none of the amenities so I cannot comment on them. The cleanliness level of the room was as I would hope it would be. The location was perfect for the concert venue in downtown Pontiac. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this hotel.

Dear Upnorth98
I am not sure where to begin…. It was a joy to be able to read this review as well as to see how much the staff had an impact on your stay. We are always here and ready to help with anything that you will need. I am privileged to be a part of this team and to have such a fantastic group of people working with me. I will be sharing this review with them during the next meeting! I am sure it will bring a smile to all of their faces. We do hope that your travels will bring you back to Quality when in Auburn hills for the next event!
See you soon
Troy D.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Quality Inn exceeded all my expectations... The staff were extremely helpful and accommodated our every needs. We were a group of 17 cyclists and were provided a secure separate room to keep our bikes over night... Breakfast was tasty and a great way to start off our day. Room had small bar fridge and coffee pot. The bed so very comfortable that you didn't want to get out of it in the morning.... An added bonus is the outdoor pool and patio... A big thanks to all the staff for making our stay so pleasant...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Linda H,
Thank you so much for submitting this review! We are so please that you enjoyed your stay at Quality Auburn Hills. We are blessed to have such a wonderful and caring staff that will go above and beyond on a daily basis. I am very excited to share this review with the whole team. We are looking forward to seeing you on the next trip!
Troy
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is #1 for a reason. We had a great experience during our stay. We made reservations through Booking.com and had to change our dates. The hotel had as marked as "no-shows" but as soon as we arrived and explained what happened, the front desk staff made all of the necessary changes so we would not be charged. Char, the breakfast attendant, was amazing! She clearly enjoyed her interactions and went above and beyond to make sure that everyone had what they wanted and needed. There was a nice variety of food and the room was never overly crowded, so we were able to linger and enjoy visiting with our family. On our last night, one of our kids got sick, and when we contacted housekeeping, they were very understanding. I would highly recommend a stay here, and if we are ever back in the area, we will definitely book here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Troy D, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you KidFun2011 for sharing your thoughts on our hotel. What a pleasure it is for me to hear that our staff from the front desk to the breakfast and housekeeping made your stay a better experience. That is truly what we are here to do and to know it was done well makes what we do very fulfilling. We do hope you can come back to see us again in the future!

Been to Quality Inn Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!