“Really?” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Muskegon, Michigan, Usa
“Really?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel was under renovation and very dusty and dirty, we were not informed of this before we booked the room . We were charged much more for the room at checkout than when we booked online . The commode didnt work properly .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff is really attentive and friendly - they really go ABOVE AND BEYOND!
I came in - had the wrong day reservation and it was late. They shewed me off to get a bite at the bar, checked me in, took my bags up AND brought me my key!
Bartender was very friendly and talkative - it was definitely nice to come to after driving almost 4 hours!!!
I was impressed by the room as well - everything new and modern.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ColinWalsh, General Manager at Hilton Auburn Hills Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Anji L -

Thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor.com. I'm glad our team did what they could to make you comfortable after your drive that day.

Oh, yeah - Is Go Buckeyes in order?

Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Hilton Hotel was one of the nicest I've ever stayed in. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and the rooms were really nice and well decorated. I thought the setup of the hotel was really neat. The breakfast buffet was awesome. The staff was even wearing VCU Havoc T-shirts during our entire visit during the NCAA March Madness. There isn't much to do in the area, but the hotel's shuttle will take you anywhere within a 5-mile radius for free.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Whenever I am over by Detroit, I stay at the Hilton Auburn Hills Suites hotel. The customer service is OUTSTANDING there and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Detroit area. Every staff member who I have interacted with has been excellent. As an example, my daughter had a cheer competition in Detroit and her entire team was staying at a Courtyard Marriott in Auburn Hills. Because of the excellent service at the Hilton Auburn Hills, I chose to stay there instead. Since the competition started early in the morning, we were going to miss breakfast at the hotel. I casually mentioned this to the front staff member. The next morning, room service was delivered to my room, with a fantastic breakfast for my daughter and me. AND they also provided her with a stuffed animal and a card wishing her Good luck. This type of service went above and beyond what I would have expected and it left a memory with my daughter that will last a lifetime. Thank you so much Hilton Auburn Hills Suites and I look forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JenniferGG168 -

Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.com! I'm glad you and your daughter had a memorable experience at our property!

See you next time your on this side of the state,

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel staff were friendly, helpful, and went above and beyond to accommodate the needs of our large group. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable, and the atrium was a great place to hang out. I also ate several meals off the hotel restaurant's menu, and everything I had was well-made and delicious.

AbbyB80 -

Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor.com! We really enjoyed your group during the NCAA tournament. VCU was such a pleasure to host!

Let's hope the Palace of Auburn Hills gets another opportunity to host a tournament - and VCU plays in our region!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been staying at this property regularly over the past year when in Detroit for work and this past stay was what made the difference for me. The front desk staff had always been friendly and helpful, but this time, a new employee really made my experience great. Brittany had been hired since my last stay there and is a great asset to the front desk staff.

My first encounter with Brittany was when I was looking for new recommendations for dinner. She provided me with a list of restaurants that the hotel had preprinted, but also went through the selections individually with me and pulled up restaurant menus online for the places I was interested in to better help me make my decision.

From that point on, Brittany learned my name and always made it a point to smile and greet me by name when I arrived back at the hotel each time, asking how my day was. She made me feel at home in the hotel and definitely brightened my day with her energy. She was also so fast and efficient helping me with various things that I made it a point to specificially go to her each time for help.

Brittany was certainly the highlight of my stay and I look forward to my next trip up there.

Hi Alex C -

Thanks for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.com! We are so happy to have Brittany on our team for the Front Desk - and I'm glad she made such a great impression on you!

See you next time!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

What an outstanding place to stay. Traveling as part of a large group to a unfamiliar city is always difficult, however, the staff at the Hilton Suites made our trip so easy. From hanging a giant banner representing our school to going above and beyond the call of duty, not just for our VIP guests, but our entire travel party. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The restaurant had excellent food and staff. I'm almost certain the entire hotel staff worked the whole time we were there, not sure when they slept. The front desk staff was always friendly. I want to specifically point out Jason, Adam and Rodney. They did a wonderful job of making sure our stay (even after we left) was more than perfect.

Hi Alex M -

I'd like to thank you for your wonderful review! It's really wonderful that you went out of your way to mention our team members by name! We really loved having your group here!

Colin

Been to Hilton Auburn Hills Suites? Share your experiences!