“Good Place--Clean, Comfortable, Nice-sized Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Saginaw, Michigan
“Good Place--Clean, Comfortable, Nice-sized Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I just spent a night here when in the area for a wedding. I selected this Hilton property because of my Diamond status with Hilton.

Big thumbs up for giving Diamond members full buffet breakfast and not taking the cheap way out like most other Hiltons do with only giving a continental breakfast. The lounge was open, despite it being a weekend, but wasn't staffed nor stocked very well--there were some beverages to grab which was nice, but only one apple and a bowl of peanuts in the food department which was disappointing.

Was hoping for a room upgrade as a Diamond, which are now supposed to be guaranteed, however, I was told that all rooms in the hotel are the same...Which doesn't appear to be true, as they sell 4-5 different room types online. But didn't argue and wasn't a big deal...We were only there one night, and we were only going to be in the room to dress for the wedding, then back around midnight to go right to sleep.

All in all, a good place, convenient--especially if you're going to an event at the Silverdome or Palace. It was quiet, comfortable and seemed pretty modern--2 nice flat-panel TVs, although the bathroom seemed a bit dated. Space was ample, and everyone we interacted with was quite friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I love this hotel! From the moment that we walked into this hotel it was amazing. Front desk staff was very warm and inviting, they even put us right by the elevator for convenience. We didn't spend much time in the room, but I wish we would have been able to spend more time at the hotel cause the property was amazing. The bed was also fantastic. Probably the best night sleep I have ever gotten in a hotel. On top of it, the price I paid was fantastic. A little over 200 bucks for two nights on a Friday and Saturday. This hotel really does look like the pics you see!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stayed at this property for a night to attend a concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. I received a room with a small balcony area, full living room and nice sized bedroom. Room was pretty clean and furnishing's were in good condition (with the exception of the desk, which looked a little rough). I did wait roughly 15 minutes to check in, which was a little too long in my opinion for a Saturday afternoon. Had the pleasure of catching drinks at the lobby bar, where we received good service and value for a full service hotel. We were fortunate enough to catch a ride to the Palace in the shuttle bus that the hotel has, however they only made one run which seemed on the low side seeing that a good majority of the guests were left to find a cab.

Overall, I can't complain as this was a great value for $89 a night AAA rate. I'm confident that the remodeling process will shine this place back to its original state. I will be sure to return the next time I visit the area...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I previously stayed at this hotel on business in 2009 and 2010 but at that time I was unhappy with the condition of the furnishings in the rooms as they were badly in need of an upgrade. I was pleasantly surprised this week when I arrived to learn that the hotel has undergone renovations and the rooms have been updated. In addition, they have added an executive floor and lounge. I was assigned to the executive floor and was given access to the executive lounge where they serve complimentary desserts in the evening and breakfast in the morning. This is a nice benefit for Gold and Diamond members in the Hilton Honors rewards program. My suite was clean and the furnishings and TV's were new. The suites have a living room with a nice, large window providing natural light, a workspace with a desk, and a mini fridge, and coffee maker. The bedroom also had a large window and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and the bath towels were perfect - very, very plush and large. The vanity is spacious and the hotel provides terrycloth robes which is always a welcome amenity. I was very happy with my stay and this is a great hotel if you are on business in the northern Detroit area because it is conveniently located to Rochester, Pontiac, Auburn Hills, and Troy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Natchitoches, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

My work booked this place for a business trip that I was sent to. The hotel staff was nice. The room was large and clean. Breakfast was pretty good and you could also order from the kitchen if you wanted. They were cleaning the carpet in the hotel while I was there but they let you know at check in and the company was always done by 5:00 pm.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Rooms are spacious. Exec lounge is closed for the weekend, so a disappointment...
The shuttle service is flexible which is good, Breakfast at the restaurant was good and hot. Renovation needed to make it look more contemporary. But good value for money

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I found my suite at this Hilton to be a nice, upscale, apartment-type accommodation. Perfect space with a separate bedroom and spacious bath. The desk space was part of the living area and there was plenty of room to spread out.

I also appreciated the Hilton Honors accommodations of evening snacks and breakfast in a private space.

While the suite was very nice, it wasn't a place I would bring my family. Perhaps my spouse, if traveling for work - but the hotel in general had a very "business-type" feel and the rooms are decorated as such. All in all, a great place - but I would feel uncomfortable going to the pool or lounging around with all the suits hanging around the lobby!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Auburn Hills Suites? Share your experiences!