“hit or miss... I'm going with MISS” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 119 restaurants in Auburn Hills
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
clinton twp mi
“hit or miss... I'm going with MISS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2006

Three of my girlfriends and I went out to dinner before hitting up the Piston's game Nov 1. One of them had been there before and loved it. Honestly I have not one good thing to say about my experience at Lelli's. Well, I will say we were greeted and seated fast and friendly, other then that..... nada. I've had better prime rib at some cheapy steakhouses (capers' in clinton twp) and better service at coney island. After dropping well over $300 between the four of us I was very sadly disappointed! Try Nick's 22nd in shelby or Bravo in rochester. For the money, Lelli's is ABSOLUTELY NOT worth it. I completely understand and agree with the other two reviews I read that said it was terrible. Rude, arragant wait staff. So so food. NOT IMPRESSED!

60% Recommend
A TripAdvisor Member
“Give it a chance and you won't regret it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

My husband and I along with another couple were at Lellis for dinner on April 29. Although a busy Saturday evening we were still seeted right away and greeted almost immediatly by our server. The food was outstanding, service immpecable, and the abiance of the restruant superb. I have read the other reviews and cannot see what they were talking about. From our experiance there I would highly reccommend going there anytime. I am glad I didn't base my restruant choice solely on the reviews of it here otherwise we would have missed out on an incrediable dining experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't waste your time or your money at Lelli's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2006

I recommend never taking any customer to this restaurant let alone wasting your money at this establishment.

I was in town for a conference with a major legal publisher and took two colleagues to Lelli's based on one of my colleagues' recollection of the quality and service of the location in downtown Detroit.

Whatever it was/is in Detroit, this is not it! The service was horrid, the filets should not have been cold and the wine should not have been warm.

The Stag's Leap Cabernet was warm and cooled off sitting in the glass. When I brought this to the attention of Jason, our server, first he explained that all the bottles were kept this way (great way to ruin good wine), then he offered to chill the wine. Six minutes later our filets came. Naturally, the wine wasn't ready but we had no choice but to eat our meal without the wine.

I was shocked that when they brought the check, they had charged us for the wine. I asked to speak with a manager and another server (female) said that since there was about 1/4 bottle left, they'd have to charge us. I indicated that all 3 of our glasses had wine in them (almost all full). She offered to pour them back in the glass (at the bar) to see how much wine was actually left. Jason returned 10 minutes later with the bottle just slightly above where the wine had been (I'm sure a funnel is standard equipment at this bar) and said that the manager, Steve Lelli, said keep the bottle; you’re paying for the wine.

So, after spending $42 each for 3 filet mignons (served cold) and $62 for a bottle of warm wine, the manager wouldn't even come and talk to us. But Jason wanted us to know he was just the messenger and he nothing to do with this. This is the first time in my life that I did not leave a tip (which I would have if the manager would have had the respect to visit our table).

Don't waste your time or your money at Lelli's.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Poor Food and Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2005

The service was so bad it was almost a joke! The ARROGANT attitude of the waitstaff was unacceptable! Got the feeling we were not welcome! My meal was extremely over-salted and our waitress never came to our table, even when we asked another waitress to send her over! By the time she did come over my husband had finished his meal and we just wanted to leave. They even charged us for the soup portion which was included in the meal! No one apologized, but our waitress was very defensive about it! Poor service and high prices. . .we'll never go there again! I've never been treated so badly and I'm still shocked by this experience!