“Service went over and above!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 104 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Cuisines: Seafood
Sanford, Michigan
“Service went over and above!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We love seafood so went to Joe's for dinner. Mikayla was our waitress and if you get to have a chance for her to have your table be grateful. She is such an excellent waitress that she even helped us with opening up our lobsters. Her helping us made our dinner so enjoyable. The food is good, and you get a lot. My husband and I split a couple appetizers and then a pot meal and we took some home with us. The seafood is way better then the stuff you get at most restaurants. It was not swimming in butter but was seasoned very well and seemed healthier than other places. I would recommend this restaurant if not just for the service but also the atmosphere.

Visited August 2013

Brampton, Canada
“GREAT SEAFOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We visited Auburn Hills, MI for 2 nights/three days and went to this restaurant TWICE, as we really enjoyed their seafood. On the first visit, my wife and I ordered the Bucket of Crab - Crab Daddy Feast (Snow crab, Dungeness crab and King crab) one with Cajun Spice and the other with Spicy Citrus flavors. We like extra spice, so we asked for some Cajun spice (dry) on the side. All buckets come with Steamed Potatoes and Corn on the Cob, both excellent with the spice gravy. My son ordered the Queen Crab Bucket with Cajun spice flavor. Everything was excellent, although if you like your spice, then the Cajun Spice flavor is the one to choose. Also, opt for the Queen Crab, as it is easier to clean then the Dungeness crab.

On the second visit, my wife and son ordered the Queen Crab Bucket with Cajun spice flavor and again asked for some Cajun spice on the side, this time it was a gravy, which was even better. I ordered the Big Shrimp Platter (Fried shrimp, coconut shrimp and crab stuffed
shrimp served with fries and coleslaw). I dipped all the shrimp in the Cajun spice gravy and it was very delicious.

Although the crab buckets are a bit pricey (24.99-29.99), it was worth every penny. We enjoyed every mouthful of the crabs/shrimp. The staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful. We had a great time at this restaurant. Would definitely go again on our next visit to Auburn Hills, MI.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DeWitt, Michigan
“Crabbin'!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My first visit ever to this restaurant, had a shopping day with the girls and it was our plan from the start to check it out for dinner. We are big seafood fans & the it's the closest location to us at 1 1/2 hours away from home. Went on a Saturday, around 6, a semi rainy day - wasn't super busy, got in within 5 minutes. Lively atmosphere, food was delicious - I rarely clean my entire plate at a restaurant anymore. A bit pricey, only a small veggie side was included with my platter. Nothing came with it like, a basket of bread does at Red Lobster or other places. I did have an appetizer of the cold peel and eat shrimp, which was really good - can get it hot too. Had the Maine platter which was new on the menu, fabulous!! Daughter had one of the personal buckets, Queen crab, she loved it! The corn was super fresh, of course it's in season here right now. But she loved the crab. Waitress was a bit busy but she was super friendly. Ended the meal with the 3 of us sharing the s'mores dessert - which should be illegal! The cake portion on the bottom was warm and soooo delicious. Definitely worth every penny, will absolutely be going back :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“Good Atmosphere, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Always a great time at "The Shack"
Generous portions of crab legs. Mixed beverages that they don't water down. Great, attentive staff
The outdoor patio is also wonderful in the summer
Have been coming here for years. It can be hit or miss at times, but they know how to train their staff to take care of issues

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, Texas
“Joes was GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Not normally a fan of corporate restaurants. I am tough on my server! This joes hit a home run with me. Shay, a new bartender stayed with it and persevered. I has the Sam Adams boil and it rocked! Some well, server hot, all tools to eat first trip, coulda used more melted butter but if they brought me a bucket I'd look for more. Add a Newcastle ale and I had a great time, thanks Joes!

• Visited June 2013