“yuck” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Pontiac, Michigan, United States
“yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

food was high priced for small portions not prepared well, peanuts on the floor is nasty, service wasnt great

Visited October 2012

Atlanta
“Love the steaks here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Logans is one of my favorite places to eat. It has the standard Texas style atmosphere with barrels of peanuts and peanut shells all over the floor. If you have a peanut allergy, I wouldn't recommend even driving into the parking lot. If peanuts are not an issue, the steaks, salads and potatos are always amazing. I love their Sirloin steak named 'The Logan'. I'm not a big fan of the honey butter that that serve with everything, but I always ask for real butter and they are always accomodating. For those of us who are diabetic, we do not need sugar (honey) placed in items that we can otherwise normally eat. I will continue coming back to Logans again, and again, and again. Plan on spending about $15.00 - $20.00 per person including beverage and tip.

Visited May 2013
Oakland Township, MI
“Great food...TERRIBLE service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

It was 7:30 on a Saturday evening, and when we arrived we were told it would be about 30 minutes until we could be seated. When we said that would be fine, a couple of us ran to the little girl's room...and passed 4 EMPTY tables. OK, I've worked in the restaurant business, maybe their wait-staff was short-handed. When we were seated about 25 minutes later, we waited about 10 more minutes to even see our waitress. OK, maybe they are swamped, and a couple of the staff are picking up the extra tables? Nope. The entire time we were there, (2) four-person tables stood empty, along with (3) 2-person tables...while the waitress had 4 of us to wait on. That's it...just us 4. The waitress in the next section over...2 people and (4) vacant tables...while there are people WAITING to be seated. At one point, I asked our waitress if their stations were scattered throughout the floor, and she replied, "no, we each have about 6 tables. Why" At one point, 2 waitresses said down to roll silverware...while there are a dozen empty tables in the place, and numerous people in line. Go figure. As we were leaving, a gentleman came in to see how long a wait he would have for a party of 4...and they told him 40-45 minutes...while the wait staff is sitting around!

Our waitress did not know the difference between prime rib and a ribeye steak...at a STEAKHOUSE! We had to ask to have drinks refilled, she never came to ask how our meal was, and handed us the checks before we were finished eating...so...no dessert!

When we finally did get our meals, which was pretty quickly, all the steaks were done correctly, and were very good. The potato skins appetizer was a little on the skimpy side, but it was also good. Sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon were excellent, as was my side of steamed broccoli.

Can't understand how the heck their business model works...or if they want to stay in business with all those empty tables, but the food was good...service...not so much.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“What a horrible experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

First we showed up at ~ 6:30 PM on a Friday night and thus expected the crowd. Upon walking in, the hostess asked us whether we were OK going to the bar area instead of restaurant itself. Yes we said, and she asked us to sit wherever we wanted. The saga started right from the minute we sat down.

1) We waited for 10 min until a very rude waitress (named Krystal) showed up. She asked us where our menus were!!!! At first we thought she was joking! Once we realized she was not, we answered her that hostess did not sit us here, and no menu as result. She turned around very rudely and brought the menus (generally speaking, we did not see her smiling even once throughout the entire time we were there)

2) My beer did not show up after 5 minutes of my request. Once I asked her why, her response was that “bartender is changing the keg”. This happens very often, so I didn’t mind. My beer showed up warm and with no foam thereafter. Once I asked the waitress why there’s no foam, she responded “because your beer was sitting at the bar and I did not have a chance to get it for you”. She did not offer to change it for me whatsoever (see the picture – is this a beer or apple juice?)

3) Their burgers come with chips instead of fries. They charge a buck to substitute with fries. At ~ $8.99 average price point, I expect fries to be standard with the meal (same as many other restaurants across US)

4) Dinner showed up after a long wait and everything was absolutely cold

5) I asked for my second beer and particularly asked her to make sure it came with proper amount of foam…guess what….the second glass showed up exactly the same as first one, with no apology nor any offer to have it replaced!

6) We were half way thru our dinner when Ms. Krystal brought our check (she did not even dare asking us for desert or more drinks) – extremely rude to kick customers out the door like that!

As far as I’m concerned, I’m done with this “roadhouse”!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge ON
“Great alternative to Olive Garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you can't get in at the Olive Garden, wander across the parking lot and you can get a decent meal at a good price here. We had about a 20 minute wait but there was room at the bar to enjoy a drink while waiting. The food was good - nothing fancy - but enjoyable. Beware of the loud outbursts when someone is celebrating a birthday as the staff feel it is necessary to scream it out at the top of their lungs - it gets very annoying!

Visited November 2012