“Treat you better than family! (Being from the South, that tells you something,LOL)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Featherstone Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Auburn Hills
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is actually a business trip (long term) made up by a whole company roster of people that travel and work together from one job to the next. (PIPELINERS). Not only that, there is a group of 3 or 4 couples that go all the way back from elementary through high school, right into Pipelining, in the same union, from the same town, and even call themselves friends since kids. Their Mother's claim them all, and one of the original 3 Pipeliners, His Daddy, was THE PIPELINER and he worked these boys every summer when they were out of school for break, and after graduating, they all lined right back up like baby ducks under his tutelage and went back to work at the trade he had taught, not only HIS son, but all these that were HIS sons! May he Rest in Peace, and We are sure he watches over them all! We have been accommodated here in EVERY WAY, made to feel welcome and appreciated! Not something we are USED to. We are all in our mid to late 40's, so if not, we wouldn't have been ALLOWED to stay as long! Ken, the owner, is a very fortunate man. He has the unparalleled gift of an assembly of staff that could ensure a safe, orderly and well planned disaster, and make you think you were just in a drill for safe evacuations!!

Room Tip: I know that some of the rooms are in a newer and different décor than others. We stayed at one in a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Detroit Area, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked reservations for my coworkers at this hotel and this is what I was told. I was not happy with how it reflected upon me.

"When entering the hotel there was no one to be found at the front desk, waited 10 minutes. All trash cans that I noticed on both the 1st and 2nd floor were overflowing with a lot of trash on the ground around the trash cans. These cans were not emptied until five days later. The room I was given had blood stains on the carpet, the heater in the bedroom did not work in the middle of February, toilet water ran every 2 minutes due to a leak, 4 hangers in the closet for an 8 day stay. Bathroom floor tiles were loose, a lot of long black hair stuck to the shower walls. Room key cards worked for two days, after two days I had to go to the front desk a total of three times during my stay and be told it must be my cell phone causing the issue. Each time I had to get my keys reprogrammed, I talked to 3 different people and no one ever asked for my ID. The bedroom was too small for 2 beds and there was no TV in the bedroom but there was one in the sitting room. The free wifi was extremely slow but they do offer faster wifi for a fee. Normally, if I do not like a hotel I would check out and go somewhere else but I had to pre-pay and did not want to fight for my money back. I traveled with another person who had a similar experience and will never stay at this location again."

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Medina Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

First of all, other reviewers need to understand the hotel location and do a little research before they book. Extended Stay Auburn Hills - Featherstone is primarily a long term stay for business people or students at the college. You have to look no further than across the street and see the Chrysler building, the college and you have Comerica IT and Audi less than 2 miles away.

I have stayed at this location probably 50 occasions over the past 3 years and have never experienced an issue with housekeeping, sheets, towels or anything else for that matter.

The smell everyone complains about is "curry", there are a lot of contractors from India staying at ALL the hotels in the area. You will find the same thing and smell at any long term stay hotel near large corporations.

They have repaired the driveway, put in new flooring and continually try to update the hotel. Is it a resort, no. Butt, you wont have 100 kids running up and down the halls and you wont pay $200 a night.

It's a nice hotel run by a great staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would otherwise not bother with a review but I needed to do this for the management and staff at this Extended Stay -- everyone is so helpful and accommodating! Also, the hotel itself is a 3-star but the extra star is for the people who run it. The room I was in was a good size, with a small kitchen area. My main concern is cleanliness and this place was clean other than their carpet which I didn't care for much and got slippers to wear inside the room during my stay. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our staff. As well, I appreciate your comments about the carpet in your room. At this time, we are working to replace it in every guest room to ensure a better stay overall.

London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here on weekend shopping at Great Lakes Crossing.Best price for hotels in the area for that night. Only a few minutes from the mall so worth the drive instead of paying $150+ for hotels at the mall. Room is a little dated but good size. Didn't use the kitchen but would be good if staying longer. Beds weren't great but were okay. Everything appeared clean. Was suprisingly quiet. Breakfast was just granola bars,muffins and fruit but was fine. Didn't really expect more for what we paid. Overall would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, November 5, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the accommodations and location convenient for your needs. Also, it is good to hear that the spaciousness of your guest room and the fully equipped kitchen were ad added value.

Muskegon, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night over this past weekend for a business trip in the Detroit metro area, and our first impression of the place, when we arrived to an unlit exterior of a hotel at the dark of night when the other 2 hotels near it were lit tells the story of our short stay there. The front desk clerk took forever to show up to the desk when we arrived and phoned in the little phone by the desk to check in. After politely asking for a room on a location above the 1st floor, we were abruptly brushed back and told that the hotel is sold out; our room was next to the tiny gym instead. Our room was pretty cozy for a couple, with only one little ottoman chair for us to sit in the living area by the bed, and a smaller kitchen area than the one we had at another Extended Stay America hotel in a different Michigan town. The bed was also harder than that other ESA hotel, so much so that my wife had troubles sleeping for most of the night leading to the morning of our departure. Lastly, the hot water in the shower comes up short in that department, which is strange considering the hot water in the nearby vanity sink and in the kitchen sink runs just fine. It's not too comfortable showering in lukewarm water to start off our morning.

Overall, the hotel is located in a good area, has nice exterior architecture and lobby, but ultimately, the insides of it failed to impressed us. We will not likely to return to this particular ESA hotel for a stay in the Metro Detroit area in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am very sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs upon arrival in a professional manner. In response, I am reviewing our customer service standards with the entire team and how we handle overnight check-in's to ensure this does not happen again. As for the bedding, I am pleased to announce we will be receiving all new mattresses in the near future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at DAB@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Cambridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Should have realized the moment we checked in and the lady that checked us in said if our bed sheets are dirty bring them down and they will give us clean ones!! When we arrived to our room there was a huge beattle hanging on our curtains and there was 2 other bugs dead on the windo ledge!!.. The hotel was very smelly cause people were cooking and had there doors pryed open so that the smell would not stay in their hotel room so the hallways smelled like fish! Breakfast was only apple oranges and oatmeal bar. No juice or water. Would not ever stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that you encountered housekeeping issues. I apologize that our housekeeping policy was not reviewed with you during check-in. I've discussed your comments with the team to insure a more complete room inspection is performed to ensure cleanliness is to our standards.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.

Address: 2100 Featherstone Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )
Location: United States > Michigan > Auburn Hills
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Auburn Hills
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Auburn Hills/Featherstone Hotel Auburn Hills
Auburn Hills Extended Stay
Extended Stay Auburn Hills

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.