You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Featherstone Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Bay City, MI
“Eh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend away to go to the Auburn Hills Mall. It's proximity to the mall is awesome, you just hop back on the expressway, and you are there in about 5 minutes. Great. The first room we walked into was a disaster. There were key cards still on the table, along with a knife left out, and there was black soot(?) all over the place. The bed was not made.... all in all not clean at all. So we lugged our things back down and told the front desk, and she said that her system showed that it was cleaned. Our eyes saw differently. She gave us another room down the hall from the dirty room. Once we got settled, it was okay. The shower was vapor locked and made a squealing sound the entire time you were in there, which wasn't very long because the drain did not work properly and before you know it, you're standing in ankle deep water. The same went with the sink- poor plumbing. The bed was decent, the TV was updated, but, I've stayed in three other hotels in the area, and I would not come back here. The Wyndham and the Hyatt are much nicer, but, I guess you get what you pay for; if you want something cheap, this will do.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues while staying with us. I am discussing your review with our staff to ensure that issue does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dab@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is a life saver. During a very stressful time of transition this hotel and its employees made it so much easier. It's clean, on top of everything, and everyone is VERY helpful. Amanda at the front desk not only smiles and says hello EVERY time she sees you, she meets all your needs with 100% SERVICE and is ALWAYS a delight. No matter what I have needed, Amanda has made sure it was taken care of promptly AND with a smile. Now that is rare to find and a true diamond in the rough!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words. We truly appreciate guests like yourself. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for our guests to feel home away from home. I do hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Auburn Hills.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Shifted here from Homestead Studios so as to have better rooms and service. The room we stayed was dirty upon check in, the drawers had some dirty under wears which meant the room was not properly cleaned before check in. Some or other way, flies entered the room. House keeping was ok. Staff was not helpful. I was told to shift to another room for renovations and back to the original room after some time. When I said I am considering leaving hotel, they were happy to say you can leave, instead of giving any other options.

We cancelled our reservation, it was so bad.
I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me. One more thing when I stayed here it was called Extended Stay Deluxe now it is Extended Stay America, seems like already degraded.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I wanted to personally respond to your review. I apologize for the multiple issues of cleanliness with your room. That is absolutely not our standard or our practice. As a result of your review, I have spoken with management and staff to ensure these incidents are not repeated. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us as it helps us to improve our service. Yes, we did re brand this location from an Extended Stay Deluxe to an Extended Stay America as we are re branding our entire company portfolio to Extended Stay America. All three locations in Auburn Hills recently received the same upgrades to our bedding, flat screen TVs and a new Grab and Go breakfast. I am sorry you were not pleased with your stay. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Upon my arrival last month, for an extended stay in the metro Detroit area, Amanda greeted me at the front desk with a warm welcoming smile. She had a courteous and professional disposition.

Although my check-out date had not yet been established, she proceeded to check me in and asked if I was a senior citizen. I blushed an affirmative reply and she made accommodating arrangements along with a discount that she did not have to do.

The staff treated me and other patrons with the dignity and respect that I imagined would only be reserved for auto industry giants. Amanda always entered the breakfast area with her beaming smile and kept us well stocked with enough food and drinks that we never had to ask for more. Amanda and Dana made us feel welcome during those chilly October weeks.

Sheila checked in me and kept my room neat, clean and feeling refreshed. She remained pleasant throughout my stay and replenished the amenities even though I did not have to ask.

Am looking forward to my next trip to the Detroit area.

Room Tip: My room next to the elevator was not too loud. Bring your running shoes for the fat burning and card...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your review. Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate all of your positive feedback. It's wonderful to hear you felt at home at our Featherstone location. We were happy to have our as our guest and look forward to your return trip.
Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

An awesome Hotel to stay at. The staff are great, rooms are very clean..Amanda at the front desk is super to work with! Matt and Fredrick are the best managers of this property. Location makes this hotel great for getting to concerts and games at the Palace

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your glowing review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I'm happy to hear management and staff took such good care of you. It sounds like the location was a good fit as well. Thank you for staying with us!
Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm a student at a nearby school and I have been staying at this hotel a little over a year. The staff is amazing. If you are lucky enough to meet Amanda, Caren, Shalana, they will make sure that you are greeted with a smile and have gone above and beyond to accomodate myself and my hyperactive dog. Cathy makes my room so clean every week, and sometimes that can be harder than it looks when my dog sheds like crazy. The breakfast includes Blueberry muffins, granola bars, hot oatmeal, oatmeal bars, and fruit. They also have coffee and tea. The only thing I would want to see changed is adding hot cocoa and other flavored muffins to the breakfast. Also the fitness room isn't very updated but it still serves it's purpose. The pool is nice if you are here in the summer and the new updates they are giving the rooms are very nice.

Room Tip: If you have a pet I would stay away from rooms by the elevator and the doors. While this may seem ea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I wanted to personally thank you for your review. I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying your stay and that your dog is as well! We are happy to welcome pets so it's good to hear that is working out for you. Thank you for your comments on the changes to our breakfast. We actually are adding hot cocoa so you will see that soon. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your business very much.
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night just as a get away and we used the kitchen which was an awesome amenity that this hotel offers. We checked in and the staff is all very friendly! Caren and Shalana were very helpful with anything that we needed that night. This hotel is a great place to stay, its very quiet and the rooms are very clean which is always a good thing and I really like the bed spreads! Thank you for accommodating me. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends. And i

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for posting your review. I'm thrilled to hear the hotel worked out so well for you. Thank you for the positive feedback on the kitchens and especially our new bedspreads. I'm glad you like them! We hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd.

Address: 2100 Featherstone Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )
Location: United States > Michigan > Auburn Hills
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Auburn Hills/Featherstone Hotel Auburn Hills
Auburn Hills Extended Stay
Extended Stay Auburn Hills

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.