“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lansing, Michigan
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Kelly checked me in - friendly and delightful, made me feel very welcome. Fair price, kitchen with drip coffee pot, stove top, refrigerator, desk. Free breakfast, hot or cold. Very nice hotel. I will stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here with my wife, daughter and mother-in-law for a few days in August for a short shopping trip. It's fairly close to Somerset Collection and Great Lakes Crossing. The rooms were clean, staff friendly and the complimentary continental breakfast was good. There is free food in the evenings on Tuesdays-Thursdays too, although I did not partake in this. The layout of the two bedrooms suites is nice too, with two bathrooms and a small kitchenette.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After all the good ratings on this site we decide to stay here. We got to our room and noticed it was in need of a refresh, i.e. a through cleaning and painting. I told my wife gee it received such high rating on Trip Advisor. She then looked at the site and told me most of the good ratings were a minimun of 3-5 years ago. I then understood. I will not say it was horrible it was just O.K. The breakfast in the morning was O.K. after our frist breakfast we went across the street to Alberts Coney Island. That was out of this world. We thought about changing Hotels but did not. I do not know if this is a plus or minus, they do allow dogs, even on the top floor. The one good thing I can say is we met a women that was bring her stuff and dog to the hotel and I asked if I could help which I did. She told us she was moving from the Extended Stay next door because she said it was filthy and there were working girls staying there. I can not verfiy that. I guess for the price it was again O.K. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very happy with this hotel! Clean rooms, friendly staff, complimentary breakfast, great location! Could not ask for more! Thanks for an awesome stay! We will definately stay any time we are in the area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
St. Marys, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Suzie went out of her way to make our stay for 3 nights and 4 days a very pleasant one! The complimentary breakfast and dinners(during the week) were a added bonus and help to keep cost down when travelling.

Room Tip: Both the Queen and King had comfortable couches but the King room had a seperate bedroom with two tv...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I'm a youth pastor. Typically when I bring a group of students to a hotel I am greeted with a worried look and a sense of "please let these next few days go quickly". I mean, who gets excited about 20+ teenagers coming over to their house for a few days? Sonesta ES Suites in Auburn Hills, Michigan does!!
The amenities offered not only served my group incredibly but also created an atmosphere of home for the students. They loved the pool and basketball court. Complimentary Breakfast (everyday) and Dinner (Tues-Thur) served great food. The rooms were huge with living spaces as well as bedrooms. Everything was clean and the service staff very friendly. We'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant staff but the place is marginally clean. We stayed for four nights and our main room couldn't have been vacuumed during our stay. We kept finding cracker crumbs from the first night even on the fourth night. Simply dusting of the old TV boxes would have been nice. Breakfast was very very typical of this price hotel. Stale bread and sticky table tops were the norm.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!