“Very Nice Place, Reasonable, Friendly Staff !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive

You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3315 University Drive, Auburn Hills, MI 48326   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Windsor
“Very Nice Place, Reasonable, Friendly Staff !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Clean rooms, comfortable bed, full size refrigerator, microwave, everything that you need. Great price for what you get.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jackson, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

My husband & I stayed here when we went to a show at The Palace. I would definitely stay here again. The staff was friendly, the hotel was clean, it was only a few miles from The Palace and was very inexpensive. The only downfall was that there was not a breakfast included but that was ok because of the fact that the hotel was inexpensive and there is a kitchen included (at least in our room) if you wanted to bring your own breakfast items.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

Week here for a conference. Clean, friendly and, at least from a European perspective, great value for money. Huge fridge, bathroom, kitchen, t.v. and bed.

Location is a little out of town (though there is a Macaroni Grill and TGI Friday pretty much next door) so, if you want to go anywhere else around, make sure you're driving...

• Liked — Cheap and spacious
  • Disliked — Lack of public transport in the surrounding area
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

Booked here as we would be passing through on a road trip.
What a nice room!
I got it for $40.00 on hotwire.
Normally you would expect a plain box of a room for that amout, but this place was like a fully furnished apartment.
There was a full sized fridge and stove, and they even provided pots pans and plates and silverware.
We were only there for the night, and gone quick in the morning, but the room was very clean, the bathroom was large and bright, and the kitchen very functional.
If in the area again I'd certainly stay here.

• Liked — Felt like home
  • Disliked — had to wake up the front desk girl to check in
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rochester HIlls, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2006

We stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks while house hunting with my children. Having a stove and refrigerator in the room was most convenient with kids, parking was ample, and the hotel staff was very friendly. My complaint would be the housekeeping scheduling. It was terrible. When I did get a housekeeping visit, they did a good job if I was in the room. If I was not in the room, when I returned I have to do a little picking up and wiping off. The schedule for housekeeping was supposed to be twice a week for a total of six but three were missed. When I informed the staff that our room was missed, I was told I woudn't be schuduled until two day later. If you have three visits in a week, even if due to poor scheduling you will have to pay $10 extra for each visit. I ended up asking for a broom and dustpan, and changing the towels, linens and paper products myself several times. I probably would only stay there again if I had no other choice. - Vaughn, Rochester Hills, MI.

• Liked — Proximity to restaurants.
  • Disliked — Housekeeping schedule
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2006

We had a fantastic stay at the Homestead in Auburn Hills! They have such a friendly staff and gave us a warm welcome. This hotel is perfectly located, has clean rooms, welcoming staff and great rates! We loved it!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2006

At check in was greeted very warmly was quoted a rate that was changed after I checked out. First night I turned down bed -sheets were filthy- came in to chg I asked cleaner to sweep bathroom I was to tired to go any place else that night she swept it on to carpet and walked out said no supervisor to check work whole place was dirty . I asked to borrow the vaccuum cleaner since she refused to do it. The next day I bought cleaning supplies and cleaned! Old food on cabinets, in chair floors not mopped had stuff on them it was bad I even had to borrow the vaccuum another day because they wouldnt clean. well came time to change sheets saw I was sleeping on matress's with what appeared to be very gross can't mention herewhat it was. they changed mattress's for me never got any cleaning done but card said was to be done thoroughly on monday- no cleaning -night cleaner Netty nice took time to help me out one day when I was frustrated and ready to walk out and leave. mold mildew ac/heater did not work gross silverware in drwer someones food in chair from how long ago?? checked out and they unauthorized debit my account for more money changed rate after I left do not go there -just contacted corporate office to get credit owed back to me since they seem to be having trouble doing so. Looks good on outside -dont go in!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive

Address: 3315 University Drive, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Location: United States > Michigan > Auburn Hills
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Auburn Hills
Homestead Suites Auburn Hills
Auburn Hills Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.