Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive
Ranked #15 of 16 hotels in Auburn Hills
Pontiac, Michigan
“Super 8!?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed at Homestead for one night even though I felt a bit apprehensive. PL accepted my bid of $25 (you get what you pay for).

Upon checking in I requested a room on the highest floor. Although the clerk was quick to say “no” he decided to check the computer and found me a room on the top floor.

I stayed at this hotel a couple years back and it was a pretty decent hotel but as I suspected the hotel has really gone down. The carpet & shower were filthy; the counter top had some cracks in it; the bed was comfortable but it had 2 of the saddest pillows on it that smelled of cigarettes. The closet door’s mirror was cracked.

I couldn’t wait to check OUT of this hotel and will probably never stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay a few dollars more and stay some place else.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was my second trip to USA to Michigan. I chose this suites as many TCS employees stay there. The room I got was very good, big one. The room had 1 TV, TV guide on what channels will be coming. The Bed was a King size bed that I got so it was comfortable. It had good storage space, so i can pack my 2 suitcases with ease. The restroom was not the good one, it had some broken valves, temporarily fixed. Also the kitchen doors in Modular kitchen had some issues. Nevertheless I found this hotel convinent for my daily travel to my compamy. Delphi Corporation and Chrysler LLC were very nere. It had ample car parking. I got some M plate vehicles from my company and put it in the parling lot.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Even tho were only in the area for 1 night, we stayed here because it was close to our client. We had worked an overnight shift and were exhausted when we arrived so we checked in, pulled the curtains closed and collapsed into a deep sleep. Beds were awesome and the extra space we'd use if we stayed a longer time.

Discovering the BD's Mongolian Grill next door was a great find too. The whole area is very clean and there are plenty of service businesses in the area too.

We often use ESA for our longer stays, but will now seek out a Homestead Studio Suite as it is a step up in spaciousness and luxury finishes.

Room Tip: 105 was within EZ access to the rear door with plenty of parking right outside
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Blind River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Couldn't have been better! Everything was wonderful!! It was so clean and quiet at night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I checked into this hotel yesterday. The clerk (earring in nose) gave me a room on the first floor. I told her I did not want to be on the first floor. She said they were full and that was all she had. There was another person standing behind her. I later called the hotel's reservation line and asked if they had five rooms available at the Homestead Studio Suites on University Drive in Auburn Hills. They said no problem.

As could be expected from a hotel where the front desk clerk lies in the presence of a co-worker, the hotel is a flea bag. There was hair in the shower, the towels are scratchy, the bed is not just very uncomfortable, it makes a loud noise when you sit on it. There are three hangers in the closet even though this is an extended stay hotel. The TV turns off after 90 minutes and the room stinks.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Clean rooms, comfortable bed, full size refrigerator, microwave, everything that you need. Great price for what you get.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Jackson, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

My husband & I stayed here when we went to a show at The Palace. I would definitely stay here again. The staff was friendly, the hotel was clean, it was only a few miles from The Palace and was very inexpensive. The only downfall was that there was not a breakfast included but that was ok because of the fact that the hotel was inexpensive and there is a kitchen included (at least in our room) if you wanted to bring your own breakfast items.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive

Address: 3315 University Drive, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Location: United States > Michigan > Auburn Hills
Ranked #15 of 16 hotels in Auburn Hills
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Auburn Hills
Homestead Suites Auburn Hills
Auburn Hills Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.