We were very pleased with our recent week-long stay at this Candlewood location. The suite layout allowed us to put our 2-year-old to bed in a separate room from us, his parents, so we could stay up later than 8 PM! The price was good for this much space, plus a full kitchen including dishwasher. DVD player too, good for the little one. (The front desk has a small selection of videos to borrow). Sure the suites are a bit antiseptic looking but all the amenities you need and clean as well. Location superb, as you can walk next door to a small shopping center with a Panera's (good for breakfast) and a Moe's. Across the road is a fantastic huge Whole Foods market, as well as Old Country Buffet. Many more restaurants are a 3-to-5 minute drive away. Even the heart of Ann Arbor is only about 10-15 minutes by car. Hotel is right off I-94 but soundproofing of windows was very good, could hardly hear any rumble at all.
The rather odd sickly-sweet smell alluded to in another review here was present in our room upon check-in...our guess was some kind of disinfectant they use upon cleaning. We got used to it within a couple of minutes, and by the second or third day it was hardly noticeable even upon first entering the room. Probably if one opened the windows fully, one could get rid of this smell even quicker. Only other small "complaint" was no wi-fi, only internet via the cable attachment at the work desk, so no surfing in bed possible. An outstanding value, staff was friendly. We would recommend this to families like ours in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.The Candlewood Suites Detroit Ann Arbor is nestled in the city of Ann Arbor, the home of the Ann Arbor Art Festival. The hotel is located only 40 miles west of Detroit and close to I-94. Only a hop, skip and jump away you may visit the University of Michigan, Cabela's and Lake Forest Golf Course. Concordia and Eastern Michigan Universities are 10 minutes away. Shop until you drop at Briarwood Mall within mile and enjoy 10 excellent restaurants & Whole Foods Market directly across the street. The moment you enter the hotel you will enjoy the warm comforts of home. Everything from an executive desk to home entertainment helps guests work smart and relax. With two separate phone lines and free high-speed Internet access, you can relax and enjoy the amenities we have to offer. Each room offers a full kitchen, DVD/VCR, and a CD player. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard to purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. You may also borrow from our video & CD library. If you here for the night or a month, take advantage of our comforts. Complimentary on-site fitness and laundry facility are always available. Domino's World Headquarters, VA Hospital, General Motors, Henry Ford Museum and Purple Rose Theatre are all in proximity. This is life on the road at its best.Pet friendly restrictions and fees apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Detroit/Ann Arbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Detroit/Ann Arbor Hotel Ann Arbor
- Candlewood Suites Ann Arbor
- Candlewood Ann Arbor
- Ann Arbor Candlewood Suites